can't exit game

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by mjo1704, Jun 10, 2021.

1. mjo1704

mjo1704 Registered

when I try to exit the game where the texts are scrolling and I press exit it becomes the rf2 logo and does not return to Steam but freezes to the rf2 logo

2. Alex96

Alex96 Registered

The same thing happened to me since last week, after pressing the last "exit" the screen freezes with the gray background color, without logo, and I have to finish the process from the task manager. Yesterday I did the file integrity check but it remains the same. It happens every time I go to close the game, it doesn't matter if I play or not.
    It had never happened to me before.

3. mjo1704

mjo1704 Registered

when i was looking at the tasks in the background so steam reported an error while updating rfactor 2 but the game still worked normally only closing not successful i have checked the integrity of the files i can't open task management i must restart the machine.i don't know what has changed only the windows and g-hub update before everything worked fine

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

At least one user fixed this by getting rid of g-hub. It seems to have had various issues over time, but I don't know if removing it forever is the best option. Perhaps worth a try.

5. Alex96

Alex96 Registered

I don't think it's g-hub, because I use LGS 9.02.61, but now that you comment on Steam, coinciding with the problem, it has tried to update 3 times, but it did not finish, and it coincides when I closed RF2 from the task manager. On Monday, when I started the pc, the Steam update appeared again and it was successful, but the problem when closing the game persists.

6. mjo1704

mjo1704 Registered

i tested again by removing the g-hub and the game shuts down normally but unfortunately g29 does not work without the g-hub lgs i.e. Gaming software does not recognize the steering wheel does not help other than use the g-hub and play in windowed mode and close the game by force

7. Wanderpoole

Wanderpoole Registered

A guy I drive with uses ghub to start the game but closes it once he gets in the server. solved his probs with ghub