Need Help Aero Dynamic's Diffuser Downforce

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by timodor, Jun 8, 2021.

1. timodor

timodor Registered

Hello,

I've always been wanting to mod F1 mod's in Rfactor2. A few day's back, I finally figured out how unpack, mod and pack and install them.

I've been modding AC car's for a while, but now I want give Rfactor2 a go, I've learned, how to do the front wings, rear wings, change weight, change power, and COG. It seems like it's using coefficients for the down the force and drag.

But I don't understand how the diffuser functions?
    EG ..................DiffuserBasePlus=(-0.63,-5,2,170) I have no idea what this does ??? I lowered -5, to like 3...I think lift decreased. But what is the coefficient of this diffuser? What is the maximum down-force? How does it work with the ride height? Same with front wing's also.

I want to apply 1.8CL, maximum for the diffuser with a 10/1 drag ratio.
    Is it possible to create 2 rear wings? Because having one, means you got follow the same Lift to Drag Ratio.
    at high downforce, it's like 2/1...instead of 3 / 1... -Body Drag, seems to be coefficient also?
    If anyone could help, it would be great.

Thanks

Tim

2. lagg

lagg Registered

It would be better if you ask in the modding subforum
    rFactor 2 - Modding - Car Modding

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
  3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

(assuming this gets moved)

@timodor in your rF2 folder is a moddev folder. Look at the skip barber files in there, they are heavily commented. Also check out the dev guide on the S397 site, and grab the physics spreadsheet.

4. timodor

timodor Registered

Thanks, I used the spreadsheet, seems to be coming to about 1CL. It's really technical. I tried dropping HDV file int it, but it never changes the FISI2012 car data remains.

5. Raintyre

Raintyre Registered

You can check how it works at the s397 spreadsheets.
    Actually you can develop your own software to monitor everything:

TJones likes this.
  6. timodor

timodor Registered

Crazy amount of detail, far more complex then Assetto Corsa and lut files. With AC you just set the total body drag, height files, max downforce, etc. Does Rfactor2 have it's own Aero Monitoring app? in AC, there is an Aero App that tells you all the forces, frontal weight etc, ride height, all drag and lift for all wings.

7. TJones

TJones Registered

Don't know if it's possible to show up aero-forces while driving. But you can use DAMPlugin with Motec software. Just make sure to activate Extra Channels in the config file.

8. Lgel

Lgel Registered