Competition System Blog | Week 16

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, May 19, 2021.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

For what it's worth I spent 6+ months racing on public Megane servers in rF1 (on 6? standard tracks), and the majority of my driving skill progression (albeit only to a medium level) happened there. I've never felt that people wanting a new car every day or two were really getting the 'sim' and 'driving' aspect of the game, seemed more like they were wanting to try and find cars that they magically clicked with and were competitive driving - when what actually happened is the fast guys were again fast. They do a few races and find their usual position behind the leaders, then want to change and try something else...

Everything's being stretched 6 ways at the moment, Jimmi's running his competitions, the CS is doing its thing, both are butting up against some limitations in what the core game can do, S397 needs to keep selling new DLC to keep money coming in (and using that new DLC in the CS makes sense in that case), and there aren't enough players constantly on there to keep players on there (people even want to be able to see how few players have signed up before they sign up, so they don't sign up for nothing - self fulfilling prophecies predicted). Plus the initial push (at the very start of what will probably be an extended beta phase) gave a lot of people a bad impression with the issues - which might be expected of a beta, but there are people still confused about the repeatedly-explained release candidate system so you can't trust people to understand what's going on.

Anyway, as long as the game doesn't die completely people can come back when it does what they want. Hopefully the CS is there fairly soon.

pkelly and davehenrie like this.
  2. juninho tilambucano

juninho tilambucano Registered

how do you guys relate to 3rd party sim racing communities (such as simracing.gp or simracingsystem)?

3. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Registered

I've tried SRS several times and it seems like people don't practice a single lap before joining. Getting lapped traffic on lap 2 or 3, half of the grid DNF and maybe 25% finishes on the lead lap and this is in 20 minute races. In F3 races you call tell most of the people don't know about DRS.

4. Fabian Balle

Fabian Balle Registered

As I see no post for week 17 I just post my question here:

After I just missed the 60m Nürburgring qualy bc I had to opt out and it took to long I was wondering if we can expect to see 24/7 qualy sessions for this type of events?

5. Keep it on opt out, still one more session tonight at 21:00 CEST.
    Each series can set up a different amount of qualifying sessions. But the more sessions the less slots (server wise). But i dont think we will (for events like this) do 24/7 qualifiers.

6. Fabian Balle

Fabian Balle Registered

We currently have to set the car and its specs for an entire series. But could we change that in the future thinking of Stock Car series events with all the different configurations?

7. Jesus Garay R

Jesus Garay R Registered

Is it possible to implement NVidia DLSS support in the simulator graphics options for use with VR, or is DirectX 12 required?
    All the best.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  8. Gonzo

Gonzo Member