S397... how does it feel to not even be included?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MotherDawg, Jun 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ef123

Ef123 Registered

Hmm. Doesn't sound likely. I purposely included the link in that tweet screenshot so that people who doubted could check it out. Where's the source to your claim?

2. lagg

lagg Registered

3. Filip

Filip Registered

You are right, let me correct it:
    Most of us here know that rf2 ffb is the best.
    Because we are on rf2 forum.

4. lagg

lagg Registered

This thread is a nonsense

5. Ef123

Ef123 Registered

6. MiguelVallejo

MiguelVallejo Registered

prceurope likes this.
  7. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Agreed

8. MiguelVallejo

MiguelVallejo Registered

jejejej...

Dani spoke at lot during the interview on Saturday afternoon about simracing. Too bad the journalists were not interested at all in simracing and always diverted the conversation towards Dani's possibilities of running in the real 24 hours.
    What I concluded is that rfactor allows him to drive further to the limit. As you say for someone with Dani's talent it can be frustrating

prceurope likes this.
  9. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

And how is that different to any of the GT3 drivers saying how great ACC is? Aren't they shareholders? Aren't they getting payed fees so that their names appear in the freakin' game? As said, enjoy AC or ACC, same as I do from time to time but stop to belittle people who like rF2 either. It's getting ridicolous. Alonso used rF2 long time before MG aquired S397 btw :rolleyes:

trichens likes this.
  10. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Registered

fair enough, finally a simracer that talks from experience, there are not much around.
    anyway, I'm not saying acc is the top sim available, instead I always thought every sim is not, and can't be, perfect. sure there are sims that are closer to "reality" than others, but let's not forget we drive spreadsheets with numbers that in most cases are an approximation of the reality. it's in the nature of any software based simulation.
    therefore, I think we all should take simracing for what it is, and with a little less tribalism, that's all.

trichens and FAlonso like this.
  11. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Registered

ye, most likely he talks about Panthera, surely not any other commercial sims that we play.

12. Ef123

Ef123 Registered

GT3 drivers are not shareholders of ACC just because they have their name in the game, just like F1 drivers aren't shareholders of F1 2020, and certainly don't have to say anything positive about it. And I doubt there's any kind of "Don't say anything bad about ACC" clause as one guy keeps suggesting, because there are already people who've done so, and that's just not the way Kunos operates, and ACC is developed with driver feedback. Whereas Fernando is actually a shareholder of owner of RF2, literally talking about it in an acquiring event. He wasn't supposed to say anything else other than what he said, regardless of what he thought. Twitter piece is there, read it. Alonso himself wrote it.

Oh I do enjoy AC and ACC and RF2. I occasionally check this forum to see if there's anything new. Sadly, same people, same walls of text hypothesising about how RF2 should/must be better. Problem is, fanboys in this forum can't talk about RF2 without feeling the need to say stuff along the lines of "ac bad rf best" accompanied with a wall of useless text that is only there to justify or "prove" something. The issue is clear: You wouldn't need to "prove" with pages of essays about why RF2 is better than pcars2. Clearly they feel the need to do that when it comes to AC and ACC, essentially they need to come here and talk shit about it just to feel better.

Pretty much noone cares or talks about RF2 in AC forums, I come here and I see cope mechanism at its highest.

13. JamesB

JamesB Registered

You don't come occasionally lately......

14. lagg

lagg Registered

Yes, he has chosen Motorsport games to invest his money.
    And MG has chosen S397 to have a good physics engine to their games to meet the expectations of their contracts with Le Mans, BTCC and Nascar.
    But hey, for sure that they are wrong and you are right

prceurope and MiguelVallejo like this.
  15. Ef123

Ef123 Registered

Pointless mumbling. As relevant as "F1 has chosen Codemasters for their realistic physics to meet the expectations for their game"

More like nothing else was on cheap sale during that time and they decided to buy a game that was already sold by ISI and was in a bad spot where developers were selling single car for €20 or something just to make ends meet. Noone seems to want this, everyone seems to wanna sell this "best physics 4evar" game. Why hasn't anyone been able to make a thing of it in the last 10 years? You realize you've been waiting for that magic moment for years now? Lol

RF2 best physics 4evar and AC is shit. ACC is shit. They very bad. They arcade simcade. When I move my feet up and turn the wheel it doesn't feel like RF2 which I base realism on so they must be bad. RF2 also has R in the name so it must be real realist. PHYSICS BRO :eek:

We best buddies now?

16. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Haha, this thread indeed is all over the place.

SuperMonaco_GP, trichens and lagg like this.
  17. lagg

lagg Registered

You should try it :D

18. Ef123

Ef123 Registered

I've had RF2 since like 5 years :eek:

19. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

You miss the point that Alonso was an MG shareholder before rF2 came into play. Drivers, sponsors, teams, track organisations etc. get money from publishers so that they appear in games. That's called lisencing. And they certainly have the interest that the product that they stick their name on excells so they won't tell how they really feel about it. How hard is that to understand?

Anyway, your problem lies somewhere else. Maybe a bad day? You seem to be implying that everyone here is hating on AC or ACC and you couldn't be further off the mark. It's also not really connected to what the OP talked about. You turn this into a sh*t slinging fest for no apparent reason and it would be clever to use a mirror and check if rF2 users are doing the same on the Kunos forum. You said, that there nobody talks about rF2 so I think you answered that allready. I don't join the Justin Biber fan club forum and talk about how I like Slayer and how much better they are. :rolleyes:

Maybe do what a sane person would do: get back to the Kunos forums and talk with your likeminded "circlejerk" how great AC or ACC is.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
    prceurope, trichens and JoeP1 like this.
  20. Ef123

Ef123 Registered

Earliest news of Alonso investing in MG is from 2019. So what even is your point?

You have literally no clue how any of that works. Maybe their rights belong to F1 as F1 drivers, maybe they get paid, maybe they don't. You're making all those assumptions cause you think it somehow remotely supports your point. Which is non-existent other than "rf2 best"

Read the thread again from top to bottom, see who starts talking about AC. You wouldn't go to AC forum, because they don't care about RF2, they don't even talk about RF2 like you care about AC and keep talking about it here. The difference is people are there to drive, you are here to theorise and hypothetize about why RF2 is "best4evar". And you just wanna hear and confirm this in your circlejerk. Once a guy who is tired of this shit comes up and slaps you with this fact, fanboys get all triggered which is pretty funny.

I remember your typical posts from 5 years ago, same old same for 5 years. Amazing what people devote their lives on. Lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.