S397... how does it feel to not even be included?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MotherDawg, Jun 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prceurope

prceurope Registered

"negative lift" = downforce.

You can set up pretty much any car to oversteer. Understeer is the enemy of fast lap times. But you wouldn't know that. Fernando.

Pure comedy.

I show you a direct quote from a pro GT3 driver who races in SRO (and therefore on ACC), because you specifically ask for evidence from a pro GT3 driver, and you are still in denial. Please go back to the Kunos forums and quit wasting my time.

Rui Santos likes this.
  2. RDG

RDG Registered

It always baffles me how some people can be so overly defensive over something so trivial.

trichens likes this.
  3. Ef123

Ef123 Registered

And Nicki Thiim says ACC is better than IRacing. So?

David Perel says if he would pick a single sim to train for his GT3 races he'd pick ACC. So?

The guy you quoted says iRacing is the benchmark, iRacing? Lol son. But I agree iRacing feels more believable than RF2. And in fact AC and iRacing handle closer to each other than they both are to RF2.

Understeer isn't necessarily an "enemy" either, if you knew how Fernando won 2005-2006 WDC in F1 you'd know.

4. JamesB

JamesB Registered

What baffles me is why some who obviously hate the sim would spend so much time on a forum about that sim, got to be some sort of masochistic personality disorder.

I enjoy several sims, but if I find that one is not for me I don't spend the rest of my valuable time on its forums........

Strangely I go to the forums of the sims I like......

RaceNut, tiffarno, trichens and 2 others like this.
  5. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Don't you think that this is a bit too simple? There isn't one GT3 car but different designs with different concepts allowing for different handling characteristics. Just watching some of the footage from the Nurburgring 24 hours gives you a good idea that there is no such thing as "GT3 cars that aren't very oversteery". What is that even supposed to mean? There are tons of examples of drivers who balance the car in a steady slide. That said, the cars can bite you relatively fast in ACC aswell as in rF2 if you get too cocky. No idea why people are getting so worked up about the products they like. I drive most of them and I would recommend everyone to do the same instead of joining your least favorite sim forum and to tell everyone how crap their favorite sim is. Seems a bit masochistic to me. :p

Maybe watch what the Mercedes is doing at 8:40. If that's not a powerslide then what is it?

6. EricW

EricW Registered

He also said the track modeling in Iracing is the best.
    And he said some aspects of RF2 are well done..
    So it depends on what you like to read or hear.
    Nicki is the first btw who says simracing is for him mostly about having fun.

7. Ef123

Ef123 Registered

It baffles me how someone can see another sim as "inferior" to his favorite sim, but boy he keeps talking and talking and talking about it every chance he gets. You don't try to prove how much better RF2 is than NFS underground, or mario kart, or pcars2 do you? So you realize why they keep talking about AC and ACC under every unrelated topic. Gotta "prove" by talking to themselves and it's getting kinda annoying not to be able to read any technical thread without random fanboys trying to bash AC or ACC.

8. prceurope

prceurope Registered

Nicki's attitude has changed since his contract with SRO. How strange. He called ACC all kinds of derogatory names in the past.

David Perel runs a business based on ACC. Are you living under a rock?

What he actually said is he would pick ACC because its laser scanned tracks have all been done in the past 30 months and are all part of the GT World circuits, but who cares about the truth in 2021.

Then WTF are you doing here? Welcome to my Ignore list.

You truly have no idea what you are talking about.

Bye bye.

9. Ef123

Ef123 Registered

What you are trying to show in the video happens literally every time you lower TC and step on the gas a bit agressively in ACC.

FAlonso likes this.
  10. JamesB

JamesB Registered

If someone does not like AC or ACC they cant say it? You are back to that sort of nonsense again?

11. Ef123

Ef123 Registered

Didn't you say this earlier?
    You'll read what I said, because that's what you care about. Not to drive RF2, but to "prove" to others that it's somehow better. That's how you get to feel good about driving it. Stop pretending.

That video probably proves what I said, that Alonso used understeer in those 2 years to warm up the tyres in the initial part of the turn. And if you need to watch a video made in 2020 to know about Alonso's driving style. Oh boy.

And if we are to quote racing drivers twitter accounts, here's one from Alonso, he's talking about something "infinitely more advanced" than RFpro and that is almost 10 years ago. What came about in 2013, that would be infinitely more advanced. Hmm, I wonder what that might be. Untitled.png

12. Ef123

Ef123 Registered

If someone likes AC and ACC more they can't be on RF2 forum? You are back to that sort of nonsense again?

13. prceurope

prceurope Registered

I watched this exact video a few hours ago. I'd love to see the telemetry on that - looks to me like a throttle stab and quick lift.

Do you remember the epic save that Dani made at Brands Hatch a couple of years ago?

He's a master of catching oversteer in the AMG.

MiguelVallejo likes this.
  14. prceurope

prceurope Registered

Thanks for reminding me to actually do it. Bye.

15. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

This thread is golden. You don't like rF2, we get it. Why waste so much time telling other people that you don't like it? :D

16. prceurope

prceurope Registered

The dude totally discredited himself with his earlier claptrap. Then topped that with the rFactor Pro reference re Alonso. The guy's convinced Ferrari used AC for its sim. :rolleyes:

Ermm...the Ferrari F1 simulator is proprietary software. What a muppet.

SuperMonaco_GP likes this.
  17. MiguelVallejo

MiguelVallejo Registered

With the announcement of the purchase of MG, Alonso himself said that rfactor2 is the most advanced sim

Pawel44 and prceurope like this.
  18. MiguelVallejo

MiguelVallejo Registered

In the Eurosport broadcast for Spain of the virtual 24h of Le Mans, Dani spoke openly that his preferences are rfactor2 and Iracing, completely ignoring ACC. Surprisingly he said that the difference is that in iracing you should be "cleaner" in driving

prceurope likes this.
  19. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Where did I say that exactly?

Don't you dare misquote me,....

20. prceurope

prceurope Registered

Interesting! I do remember at the time there was a lot of contentious stuff about the iRacing tyre model and not being able to catch the car when going beyond the limit of grip. For someone as skilled as Dani, you can imagine how frustrating that is.

I have compared ACC to Pringles. rF2 is like those amazing patatas fritas you get from small producers in Spain - I think you know what I mean. :D

MiguelVallejo and lagg like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.