rF2 vs ACC

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by davehenrie, Jun 5, 2021.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Steam had a fairly big sale on ACC so I finally took the plunge to give it a try. Now I have several caveats to give first before any opinions.
    a) I have not tried to customize my Fanatec Clubsport Wheel to ACC yet.
    b) I have an oldish system and the framerate on ACC was filled with teeny tiny stutters. The presence of those little graphic hiccups didn't seem to affect my driving much. I adjusted fairly quickly. The Unreal engine taxed my system but did not overwhelm it.
    c) I didn't do any racing, just installation laps, about 3 sessions in ACC lasting around 30 minutes each, tried 2 sessions in the daytime and 1 at night, just to get the impression of night driving.
    d) Compared GT3 vs GT3, Honda NSX vs Audi 2020. Seem to be similar engine layouts. And all my laps were at the Nurburgring GP circuit for both sims.

First and foremost. My most immediate take-away is FFB. I had chosen the 333mhz option for ACC(the highest available) With ACC I just do not feel the heft of the car. There is tire resistance, but the weight shift, ESPECIALLY when the weight shifts back to a balance after an oversteer, just doesn't seem to be there. I will freely come back later and update this impression IF later I find more options to try with ACC. I could hear when the rear was beginning to slide in ACC,(not a thing in rF2) but I could not feel it...certainly not that little rubberband snap back as the tires regained traction and control the inertia movements of the car.
    I have also spent, still a rather short amount of time, playing AC, & the two Assettos feel similar. When rF2 tracks thru a corner there are all sorts of small wiggles that require attention from the driver's hands, Once I enter a corner with ACC, it's pretty much static resistance til the corner exit has been achieved. This follows a previous thread of mine where I liked the feel of rF2 as weight transfer occurs. I don't think I will be making a similar post about ACC.

I like the looks of ACC, the sound is better but NOT THAT MUCH BETTER, The menus, just as with rF2 really do not involve me. I figured out how to get to the track and fire up the car...having to hold the starter button down was a nice touch I'll admit. ACC is not something I would warn users about. It seems to fill the GT3 official content niche rather nicely. But on first blush, if I'm gonna choose one or the other, for just driving immersion, then rF2 will continue to be my first choice. I am looking forward to running races in ACC rather than just hotlapping(well luke-warm lapping) and seeing how my ancient system handles a full pack.

Highlandwalker likes this.
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

You EXPECT me to know the rules? :)

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I have put some more time with ACC and have found a much better FFB setting. So that is improved. Car still seems to skate on all four tires when oversteer begins, kinda makes it hard to begin to countersteer and bring the car back into line. There are driver ratings that I think are rather severe.....simply letting the front slide a little is considered losing control of the vehicle....Trust me, I KNOW what loosing control is.....plennnnty of experience there. I still prefer the 'feel' of rF2's feedback thru the wheel, but ACC isn't as bad as I indicated in my first post. (way to soon to have posted that)

atomed likes this.
  4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Tried it on the free weekend
    Didn’t think much to it

but only gave it about 3 hours ,
    Don’t think I’ll ever be interested in purchasing

I may consider AMS2 as a secondary sim to rf2 but will have to try AMS2 prior to deciding

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    Brack Jabham likes this.