Engines Just Stop

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by CRMS, Jun 2, 2021.

1. CRMS

CRMS Registered

I was meandering around the excellent IoM TT circuit, v 1.07, in the Bentley Continental GT3 2020 and fell off the black stuff. After esc and pit restart, as soon as I selected 1st, or Reverse, the engine stalled. Dash with all rpm lights on. Switch off, reboot pc, restart wheel etc made no difference.
    Tried Circuit d'Azur with AM F1 2020 and got a notification to press clutch to disable anti stall.
    Tried that and pretty variable. I can't find anything in settings and set up about antistall, but I do have a recollection from my early days with rF2.
    Should I just delete some .json files?

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

AFAIK the anti-stall is a 3rd party mod. That should not have any effect upon the Bentley but only cars like your F1 mod or the Ginetta LMP1 car that have enabled that function. Do you have a clutch pedal? If you do not have AUTOCLUTCH enabled, then the car is behaving just as it should. No clutch engaged and the car will stall as soon as you engage a gear. That is correct behavior. Without a clutch pedal you should choose the AutoClutch option in the difficulty settings.

CRMS likes this.
  3. CRMS

CRMS Registered

Many thanks. And indeed auto clutch was off. Now sorted. Must have been a huge crash to knock the switch!!

davehenrie likes this.
  4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Just a minor correction, the anti-stall is a car feature, not a third party add-on. I think it appeared with the Marussia.

davehenrie likes this.
  5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Which explains things, thanks Lazza, I haven't even looked at the Maroosh for years and years. First I saw the anti-stall recently was the Ginetta. Cool!