Released The New UI is Here! (Instructions on How to Opt-in)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

I've been testing the new Ui release-cadidate for about 10 days.
    For my purposes this works without any major problems so far.
    I mostly test practical training, short races, and then watch it all in replay. Mostly in Spa.
    I noticed that the replay sometimes jerked a little! Not always, but sometimes very easy, because the replay doesn't run completely smoothly. FPS are enough 65-95 available! Opponent so 23-29.
    I didn't notice that in the previous Ui version.
    My system:
    6700K, GTX 1070, 16MB Ram
    Just as a little information note.

Rui Santos likes this.
  2. tagada83

tagada83 Registered

Hello, this new interface is a joke in itself. The last dysfunction to date, during a race of 1000kms, the list of all the players which disappeared for the commissaires. No more way to navigate among participants to view incidents. Viewing made very difficult by the absence of the names of the players above the cars. The disappearance of the list of players happened to two different commissioners on different PCs. Give us back the old interface that was mouse-click-efficient and, above all, worked flawlessly.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Bonjour, cette nouvelle interface est une farce à elle seule. Le dernier dysfonctionnement en date, durant une course de 1000kms, la liste de tous les joueurs qui disparaissait pour les commissaires. Plus aucun moyen de naviguer parmi les participants pour visionner les incidents. Visionnage rendu très difficile par l'absence du nom des joueurs au-dessus des voitures. La disparition de la liste des joueurs est arrivée à deux commissaires différents sur des PC différents.
    Rendez-nous l'ancienne interface économe en clic souris et qui, surtout, fonctionnait parfaitement.

3. McFlex

McFlex Registered

You are not alone :(

https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/player-list-missing-you-cant-swap.68796

4. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

Over the last few months I've "floated" between the original & new UI. For my purposes the new UI is now stable enough to lock in.
    It has some great potential going forward.

pkelly and mixer61 like this.
  5. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

May I ask whe the UI does not use my full screen width? I have a curved widescreen, yeah the best price LG 34GL750 only but ok - why more resolution that you dont see anyway...

BUT: the UI uses only a part of my screen, and in the setup, which we all know wastes plenty of space for nothing, I have to scroll left and right hundreds of times. thousands of times in my life probably. for nothing. What a nuisance - ( like no save button for setup if you hit setup, lol only save available outside of your main setup dialog what a BS is that? And why does the setup dialog closes after each action, if you want to delete 3 setups???)

I mean: There is a HTTP engine behind somehow, ok. What is the problem and solution of of http codes GUI ? They have to run on very different hardware, from very small smart phones over tablets to even bigger display. The GUIs are made to ADAPT to the display capabillities, this is on of the MAJOR difference to common desktop apps. And right this advantage this is not used from rf2? I just cant believe it.

6. sedesa tatasa

sedesa tatasa Registered

I tried the new UI.
    The worst UI ever.
    Why do you refuse to increase new players so much?

Mauro, rand777 and AxJ like this.
  7. rand777

rand777 Registered

As a software developer myself, I can't imagine how anyone thought the new UI was in an even remotely acceptable state to release. It is markedly worse in practical usage and design than the old UI it was intended to replace. Like many, it is the worst UI upgrade I've ever encountered commercially. It was clearly designed by developers with no human machine interface experience. Please make fixing it priority #1 as RF2 is a mighty fine sim otherwise and his was a huge step backwards in usability.

Wanderpoole, Balazs Magyar and AxJ like this.
  8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Have you set the correct screen resolution with the graphics configuration tool prior to launching rF2?
    Have you clicked on the Widescreen UI AND Widescreen Hud?

9. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Sure the game runs full size but not ui.
    Widescreen ui just stretches the ui, but does not expand it.

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

also check the widescreen HUD box. Doesn't make sense, should be for once you are in the car, but give it a try.

11. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

I can also say the UI does not make use of the extra height on my old 1920x1200 monitor too. The UI just stretches a 1920x1080 image over it.
    On the car setup screens where you have to scroll up and down to see the items at the bottom, the UI makes no use of my extra pixels that my monitor has. I still have to scroll up and down which is a shame.

12. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

I did not complain about HUD, HUD works for me

13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

annnnnnnddd I'm not addressing any HUD issues either. Just, click it, for me.....

14. Wee_Eck

Wee_Eck Registered

Can't get the game to shutdown, using any of the UI options. Using the old UI, it at least tells me its not responding, would I like to close.

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Probably a plugin. You should search for threads on this issue, or preferably create your own with a trace file. The UI isn't at fault here.

16. Wee_Eck

Wee_Eck Registered

Indeed it isn't as its happening with all UI options. I just put this in the completely wrong thread. Anyhoo, 'cause it's here now, I'll attach the trace. I've no additional plug-ins, just what comes with the game.

Attached Files:

17. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

of course widescreen HUD is checked, I need it for driving. And it works. But Wide UI does not work, see attach with wide ui checked and not checked. Wide mode only stretches. Do you use better ui or something?

Attached Files:

18. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Thanks for clearing the hud thing up. I have looked at the two 'better' UI alternatives but have not installed either. I want to keep the S397 UI as unconfused as possible. :) When I used a lower resolution than what my monitor is capable of, I too have seen the shrunk down menu screens. For what ever reason, when I clicked on the HUD option, the UI changed to full screen. Your second screen is the one that solved my issues, but that was with, as I said, a non-standard screen rez. The only other idea I have is to change from Borderless window to full screen and see if that changes how the menu's are displayed. I have a flat panel 27 inch, but it has a larger screen rez: 2560x1440. Wierd, I would have though your curved 34 inch would have had a larger screen rez.

19. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

I choosed the lower res model by intention. I dont "see" more pixel, the 1060 is less stressed, cheaper (LG 750xxxx i think, best price performance ratio imo), g-sync capable with display port

Anyway, as I still dont understand what you want to say: the question is do you see more items than me or the same, e g. In this setup mode? Do you need to scroll less or same to access all pages?