Monza to rfactor2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTClub_wajdi, May 29, 2021.

1. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

ECD2B780-2328-4AFB-8A9E-4FBCCDC7E4D4.jpeg
    is this Monza?!
    I hope itsnt the iconico track that Studio397 was taking about!

2. stonec

stonec Registered

Well, what track would you want then? rF2 needs more tracks and tracks that are in use by current series and Monza is one of them. Also it seems that S397 doesn't focus on tracks outside Europe, so that kind of limits the options.

juanchioooo and atomed like this.
  3. Mauro

Mauro Registered

Yes, it seems my favourite grandstand outside the first chicane

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pawel44, juanchioooo, svictor and 2 others like this.
  4. boxer

boxer Registered

It does Looks like Monza, but hard to say, the stands don't look permanent so it could be anywhere... any new track is welcomed to rF2... Monza is not my favorite track by al long shot... most over-hyped track in F1 I also consider it one least interesting. I hope rF2 breaks this trend of only concentrating around GT series... rF2 is not single series SIM like ACC nor do we ant it to be...
    We need a Canadian, Spanish, Japanese, Australian tracks? S397 should go after markets not yet covered, once most countries are represented than you can circle back and add 2nd, 3rd tracks per country.

Love Guitars n Cars likes this.
  5. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I hate Monza and the first chicane is the worst for online racing.
    We need tracks like Road America, Fuji raceway...

FrC and mixer61 like this.
  6. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

Magny cours is à good track !

StuartAM, boxer and atomed like this.
  7. stonec

stonec Registered

The reason Europe is well covered in all sims is probably due to technical reasons with obtaining the license. Also there simply aren't that many good old classic tracks that are raced by modern car series. If you look at the F1 calendar for example, about half of the tracks are Tilke tracks that are either worse or at least no improvement over Monza.

John R Denman and Pawel44 like this.
  8. sg333

sg333 Registered

At least Monza is consistent with the content; GTWC and ELMS race there and that fits with recent content.

Pawel44 likes this.
  9. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

monza and barcelona are great tracks
    i prefer those instead of british tracks

GhostOrchid, Pawel44 and Mark Lloyd like this.
  10. boxer

boxer Registered

Brands Hatch, Donignton are good tracks, to me way better than Monza... Barcelona is OK too. But IMO we already have both British and Italian tracks covered in rF2 ... I would prefer an PBR update to Brianza and Spa 66 over a new Monza. rF2 should try to get unique tracks instead of following what AC and ACC are doing 5 year later. Seabring, LeMans is a great example of what rF2 is doing right to distinguish itself from these other sims and it should continue on this path. Give people a reason to get rF2. Give people something not already in other sims.

PirroC, Magus, Mauro and 1 other person like this.
  11. boxer

boxer Registered

I also think getting a modern F1 and Modern Indycar, v8 super cars is a must for rF2. Cover other series besides the LeMans and GTs.

12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

F1 is Codemasters. As long as that license is in effect, there will be zero chance of a licensed F1 product. And the way S397 is part of MG now, anything as big as F1 would be a stand alone product under the MG banner and NOT rF2. Most likely the same with Indy and Super8 IF those ever came up for licensing. SRO is tied up with ACC. (you'd be surprised, the same topic is underway in the ACC forums as well and THOSE FOLKS can't seem to get it thru their heads that ONLY SRO series will be included with ACC.
    I think we rF2ers are gonna have to be happy with individual tracks and some odd scattering of cars without ever getting a full flung series tie-in. The closest we have now is the Fe series. So while you may someday see Mt Panorama, you won't see the Supercars Championship. You may someday get a Holden or Ford, but that is a very big 'may'. We have Indy, you won't see, most likely, an Indycar Championship. Now they MAY get something like they have with Le Mans and have access to an Indy 500 style event. But not the series and not all the tracks. See how the positioning of rF2 locks out DTM, Japan's Super GT etc etc. What is left?

Last edited: May 30, 2021
  13. StuartAM

StuartAM Registered

Nice to see another new track, not my favourite but better than nothing.
    I would love to see Laguna Seca... though

14. EricW

EricW Registered

According existing licensing Le Mans series?

15. boxer

boxer Registered

We don't need the full series ... ISI managed a single car so It may be possible... Else release an update the FISI using modern F1 specs.

16. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

They have licensed many individual cars and a track or two, but not the WEC series, not the European Le Mans series, not IMSA nor any of the Jr Formula classes. We haven't seen Lamborghini nor Acura/Honda, & Lexus in the GT3/GTD fields, if a series license was possible then those cars would be included in that package.(provided the correct seasons were licensed.) According to previous statements, S397 has no interest in updating old ISI cars/tracks. They make them available, that is all.

If Williams or Haas fell out of F1. then their individual car(s) might be available for license., after the current agreements within F1 lapsed. S397 will not, again according to previous statements, dabble in unlicensed products. They intend to provide products that cannot be removed at the whim of a corporate shill. If a modded series is what you want, the F3 mod provides a very suitable platform to cover F1. I should think modding a series based solely upon the Williams or Haas cars would not be very satisfying to many users. (WHOO HOO! Lookee here at my Mercedes driving just like....like....a Williams?.....)

17. boxer

boxer Registered

Still having at least 1 modern F1 is better than having none at all. I wish for McLaren pack. MP4-6, MP4-20, MCL35, 1995 F1 LeMans car and throw in a Can-AM M8F...

18. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I whole-heartedly agree!!!!

19. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Ahem...sorry?
    Brianza is Monza, they just paid for license and laser-scan now...so you will have an updated Monza (and historics layouts too?) with PBR on top...

Next steps are Montreal or Barcellona?
    Would be great to have 2020 Montreal and updated 98(?) layout (the rF one)

20. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

Not quite the same tho...
    br.PNG

Apparently they did scan the oval but I don´t think they mentioned anything about the old 1966 setting