Released New Build Update Released

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, May 19, 2021.

1. DucMan888

DucMan888 Registered

Yes, it seems as though AI is becoming less and less of a concern along with offline line players.

That is until I read this today on the Competition Blog.
    Offline Championships — I’m sure you will appreciate that a lot of our development attention has been focused on improving the online experience of rFactor 2 lately, however with these changes we are also looking at introducing new features to benefit the offline portion of our player base. Already we have identified ways to implement the much request offline championship mode within the core simulation – this will be added once the online part is running smoothly. We will leverage the features introduced as part of the Competition System to allow players to develop their own custom championship tool to race against the AI, something that has been a long time coming to rFactor 2, but hopefully should be worth the wait!

@Paul Jeffrey also posted he will doing an in person interview with MSG next week. I would anticipate this coming up as AI, in general across all sims, seems to have hit a proverbial wall and it will be interesting to see who takes the ball and scores.

Last edited: May 20, 2021
    Juergen-BY likes this.
  2. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

This would be amazing. But...something let me expect, this Championships will be s397 paid content only? We shall see.

3. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

where did you get that from? Even the online system only runs free content atm

4. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

@Paul Jeffrey ages ago I remember S397 agreeing to work with MoTeC but that it wasn’t a priority for development. Is it still on the to do list? Just asking for those of us that like to tinker with the colourful squiggly lines

5. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

so wierd, I have tried connecting to several servers today, and I connect and it load track, and entered, but only for 5 sec, then im back to server lists

Wanderpoole likes this.
  6. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

how is SSR with SPA ? it's released in the RC build...

7. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

no it isn't

Reiche likes this.
  8. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Hello S397: Could you make in the GUI or next beta a selection by double click on the icon? Track, Car... . Currently I need to move my mouse to the select button, that can be a long way on a big monitor. Double click handler should no big issue. Thx

yashiman likes this.
  9. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

It may have been in the 100 questions Marcel answered a couple of years ago, I think the plan was to integrate Motec within the UI, but, and this is verrrry foggggy....Marcels may have stated they don't want to waste time on utilities that already work with rF2. Apps like Crew Chief instead of updating the spotter or perhaps Motec since it already works along side rF2. I recall that I was waiting for it, like you, and decided NOT to pursue Motec back then since .... SOMEDAY ... it was gonna show up in rF2. Coulda, woulda, shoulda I guess.

11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

That video was a little odd on my end. Leaving the pits and thru Eau Rouge, there was a blurriness. Then it cleared up after the climb up to the Kemel straight. Clear as a bell. So I assumed it was just You Tube buffering the video. Backed up to the start, blurriness was there again and cleaned up at the exact same spot. Just wierd that's all.

12. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

uhm, it's not a track specific thing you know. The video is not showing off SSR. It is not released.

Reiche likes this.
  13. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

To confirm the above, that video is not screen space reflections.

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Are you sure? I mean, the post this thread is about said as much, but I trust random forum people, you know? :rolleyes:

Reiche and Remco Majoor like this.
  15. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Registered

SSR or not, what the hell is wrong with your rearview camera? o_O

16. Simonk

Simonk Registered

Environment reflections look much better now but I’m still not sold on the god rays. On triples, the effect seems to be only on the centre screen but it completely whites out the screen in direct sunlight. In real life you can at least focus somewhere in front of you in bad sun but this leaves you completely blind. Is there a way to turn it off while still using mid post processing? I’ve noticed there’s a distinct difference in picture colour between low and mid which I don’t recall in previous versions.

Juergen-BY likes this.
  17. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

When i enable my wipers there is a message (on the down and left side of the screen) that reminds me that action. Is that normal? How can i disable it (only that not all my actions)

18. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Registered

Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.

19. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

So I've gone from the previous RC to this release today, and now I'm missing sector and lap timing. It's supposed to be in here isn't it?

EDIT never mind I'll just use the new RC, problem solved

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
  20. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

@Paul Jeffrey
    So I have to go back and forth between this release and the new RC, when I'm in this build I don't get any of the telemetry in live view or replays, but I do with the RC build.
    Anyone know why or how to get the telemetry in both releases?
    By the way I'm not the only one in our group that have this problem, it seems common for people who switch between the two builds.

SS