Porsche GT3 Cup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Inactive user 0001, Sep 27, 2019.

1. DJChrizz

DJChrizz Registered

Never, I test NOS 24H and it's a big difference if you drive with wing 1 or 5 or max.

2. Miquel Ramos

Miquel Ramos Registered

I'm a fan of this car, very hard to drive and one of the legends in racing cars. I get similar times comparing to Porsche Mobil Cup real life. But yesterday tested on Lemans and I found that there is something wrong. I can reach 295km/h in Mulsane straight quite before my braking point.
    This morning I drove same car in iRacing to compare. Sure is one of the better simulated cars in iRacing because they have an official Porsche Cup Championship. Feeling is very very similar, maybe a bit easier in iRacing to drive due to FFB, but car feel the same braking and turning. Setups was very similar.
    On iRacing car reach 280km/h top speed with same wing P5 (there is 1 to 9 rear wing) and obviously don't cut because I can not reach 8500 rpm in 6th gear with this speed.
    I tried to reproduce very similar conditions, full rubbered track, same liters, 29 C track temperature (you know iRacing is very sensitive to that), obviously Porsche Cup at rF2 is faster because of wrong top speed, 3 seconds!!
    Comparing to real life, Porsche Cup qualify in 4.04, that it would be very similar to the time I could get with Q fuel on iRacing. With 52L I did 4.02 that sure could be improved by faster drivers.
    @Paul Jeffrey could you send this info to the car manager to find out if this is a bug?

juanchioooo likes this.
  3. J7166

J7166 Registered

If you think the Porsche cup is too fast wait until you try a GT3 lol

4. Miquel Ramos

Miquel Ramos Registered

I know it! I compared Supercup versions, very similar in behaviour, except a lot more of top speed in rF2 version, that I think is completely wrong

avenger82 likes this.
  5. J7166

J7166 Registered

You may be right, but I can't recall a time s397 updated a vehicle because it was slower or quicker than the real car....even if it seems like they should.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Or power. Or rolling resistance.

There, we covered all the possibilities :p

avenger82 and Sim_Player like this.
  7. Kevin van Dooren

Kevin van Dooren Registered

Porsche cup uses a smaller air restrictor on le mans, to prevent it from reaching the rev limit at top speed.
    rf2 does not have this specific cup car configuration.

I guess this means everybody is kinda right, its both different power and (intake) aero drag? ;)

memoNo1 likes this.