Can't download content on my server

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Mrsim90, May 21, 2021.

1. Mrsim90

Mrsim90 Registered

Hi,
    So it was no easy but I managed to set a server (without steamCMD), all was working and my friend was able to join on zandvoort with the ferrari gt3 only but when we tried on Algarve (from workshop) with several gt3 he wasn't able to join,(couldn't download content) he own everything and I was able to join. Did I miss something?! I saw in multiplayer json file some lines related to max mod file size, do I have to modify this file? Since he own all the content I put in the server he shouldn't have to download anything right?
    Thanks

2. Mrsim90

Mrsim90 Registered

Yes the RFMOD made from the tool is in my package folder, I also tried to send him the file for a manual install but didn't worked, maybe it is on his side we will do more test. If he owns the content he only needs to dl this small RFMOD file right?

3. Mrsim90

Mrsim90 Registered

He also have other versions of cars (eerc league one) so it is maybe the problem but it was working with the ferrari on zandvoort, we will do tests later to see if it is the track the problem.

4. Mrsim90

Mrsim90 Registered

If someone is on, my server is up, I'd like to know if you are able to join.
    Name of sever is Mrsim90 GT3 test It is at Algarve v1.31 with the Ferrari gt3, BMW m6 and the Aston gt3 ,Thanks!

5. redapg

redapg Registered

I get "Error to install Mod".
    So it seems as if your Server isn't configured properly, to let the Clients download the virtual Mod File (rfmod).

6. Mrsim90

Mrsim90 Registered

Ok thanks for trying, I set it the exact same way as the actual on zondvoort, same name, but this one should works, so not sure what I have wrong for this one

7. redapg

redapg Registered

I'm not sure about it, but "Mod" in that Error Message maybe can also mean one or more of the used Components.
    Do you use the same Cars for Zandvoort?
    If yes, please open the Server with that Track and i'll try again with that Combination.

8. Mrsim90

Mrsim90 Registered

It was only the ferrari on zandvoort, I changed a line in multiplayer JSON and put back the one on Algarve I'll try different configuration if it doesn't work I have to leave now, ,really appreciate the help

9. Mrsim90

Mrsim90 Registered

Where can I find the RFCMP file?

10. redapg

redapg Registered

Sorry, i've made a Failure.
    I don't owe the Ferrari GT3, only the GTE. :D
    Can you please open the Server again with Algarve and only the Aston GT3, to recheck if the Problem appears again?

11. Mrsim90

Mrsim90 Registered

No worry! Give me 15-20min and I'll make a new mod with a name without space, might be why it was working on zondvoort. I just can't find the RFCMP mods files, are they in a steam workshop folder? I need them If I want people to be able to dl (free) missing content and I should copy RFCMP files in the packages folder?

12. redapg

redapg Registered

Yes, the rfcmp are in the ..\steamapps\workshop\content\365960 Subfolders and yes, put a copy into the Packages Folder.
    And yes, do what @Mangoletsi has written ;)

13. redapg

redapg Registered

@Mrsim90 I can join now (my Driver Name was: ____ ).

14. Mrsim90

Mrsim90 Registered

Cool good to know, it was without rfcmp files in the packages folder, I now copy all files I need from workshop (nicely organised there!! lol) but my friend still can't join, so it must be on his side now! Thanks a lot

15. redapg

redapg Registered

You're welcome. :)
    And let your Friend check his installed Components, if they really are the same that you use, without any installed 3rd Party Updates or Skinpacks maybe.

16. Mrsim90

Mrsim90 Registered

Thats what Im thinking, he has some stuff about eerc endurance race so it might be the problem, does he have to manually uninstallled any modded cars?

17. redapg

redapg Registered

I would suggest to tell him to move the Subfolders with Updates from the Cars or Tracks, if there are some, out of the Game Folder, that he can put them back later if he wants.
    I would not suggest to uninstall them in the Content Screen of the Game, because that probably will also uninstall the base Mod.
    I don't know if it's the same when they get uninstalled with the Mod Manager.
    Moving them out from and back into the Installed Subfolder, in my Opinion, is the most elegant Way to get rid of them and get them back if wanted, in an easy and quick Way.

18. Mrsim90

Mrsim90 Registered

Yep it sounds to be manageable that way, we are going to see if it is possible via the modmgr tool.

19. redapg

redapg Registered

Good Luck, that you get it working for him too. :)

20. Mrsim90

Mrsim90 Registered

Again thanks you guys, all is working now, or at least I understand better how it works (or not!!) so to recap, rfmod name file without space, rfcmp files in packages folder + AUTODOWNLOADS=TRUE in the multiplayer. json if mod required on the server and finally the ultimate issue was about the different versions of cars, no idea why it worked with the ferrari but the best solution is to manually move the updated version in installed folder like you suggested. I did quite a lot of research but didn't read about those details!