Competition System Blog | Week 15

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, May 5, 2021.

1. lagg

lagg Registered

There are categories where you can repair IRL.
    And the pilot tries to drive the car to the boxes in a safety way.

In rF2 the modder chooses if an element is repairable or not and the required time to repair it.
    It's more or less the same as in reallity.
    If the modder doesn't choose the correct parts to repair, or the correct time to repair those parts, then will be arcadish. Otherwise, i think that can be more or less real.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The complaint stems from a user getting wrecked, through no fault of his own, and then suffering the heavy consequences. I just watched a real-world race where two cars caused some mayhem while a 3rd car, trying to avoid the carnage ended up on top of one the two cars that were the cause of the incident. All 3 drivers were out of the race. It was not the fault of the 3rd driver,(other than being slower thus behind the accident when it began). This is racing with other cars and drivers ontrack, often attempting to claim the same space as another driver. I don't have a-lot of online experience, but too often, I saw driver's who suffered damage just quit, rather than attempt repairs and continuing on. A short, relatively painless repair time would encourage drivers to risk more and possibly ruin the day for several other innocent drivers. Accidents will happen, with long or short repair periods, but we need the deterrence of a possibly long repair time to hopefully reign in drivers with little regard for others racing with them.

3. Guillem Rego

Guillem Rego Registered

In special events, could you add a Q session at 17:00 CET (or CEST)? In spain at 21:00 we are having dinner and at 03:00 we are sleeping. Thanks!

4. EricW

EricW Registered

In the Race with Paul yesterday I could avoid the accident he was involved in and was able to work up from p9 to p2 without a single contact.
    With only five minutes left and closely following P1 I went for the slipstream and pass in T1.
    The gap closed up and we collided.dropped back to P4 and finished P3.
    P1 being a sport kindly apologised for not giving the space I earned and I accepted those.
    That's racing.
    Sometimes shit happens.
    Contact causes damage, also in real life.
    And limiting repair time is not a good idea imho.
    What I don't like in most racing simulations, that situations like this have a negative outcome on your rating...

5. Alejandro Diaz Reina

Alejandro Diaz Reina Registered

It could be great too, to have the option, on selection screen of your car to sing up for a Series, that you can see the skin at least, not only a droppable menu with all the numbers and names. You have to go back to the main menu, pretend a single player session, to see the actual liveries and decide which one you will use on the competition system. Get back again to competition registry and select the livery number on the menu.

Remco Majoor likes this.
  6. bander

bander Registered

I still think 40 seconds is fine. 100% simulation but doesn't it hurt when you have an accident?
    we are here to have fun and the races are fantastic in the best simulator in the world. but we are here to have fun .... Antonio Velázquez. in the game.

7. EricW

EricW Registered

We are definitely here to have fun.
    But competitions at the highest level are a bit more than just fun.
    To control the amount of damage is as far as I know already in place.
    Controlling repair time could be a extra setup option maybe.
    But not sure this will become something high on the list.

8. lagg

lagg Registered

This is already configured in the car.
    The creator of the car assign those times.
    AFAIK it's not in the to do list.