Drawing to the screen (not hud)

Discussion in 'User Interface and HUD Modding' started by William Dunbar, May 18, 2021.

1. William Dunbar

William Dunbar Registered

I saw that the D3D9 device pointer was deprecated some time ago and never replaced with new DX11 pointers. Does anyone have any insight into if S397 has exposed that D3D device or will I be needing to create my own hook? The plan is to hook and then dupe the device and swapchain then modify the present function and send it back (in an oversimplification of things). Obviously S397 is taking their time with name tags on the new UI and in VR, so I'll make my own. I'm assuming the plugin still gives off the position of each vehicle.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Learn to code, they said, make lots of new friends, they said. It is that simple eh? Just a few name tags? When painters create those amazing skins, when modelers shape a triangle or two in exquisite car shapes, and now when Computer Nerds can see right into the bowels of a program, i continually feel...inadequate.

3. William Dunbar

William Dunbar Registered

Not easy, unfortunately. Saying steps like "hook D3D" is the same as saying "Get a PhD". I can see into the soul of a program though because I'm going to attach ollyDBG to it.

davehenrie likes this.
  4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You'll need to hook. No mention yet of an interface update, so...