Online racing, how?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by StuartAM, May 14, 2021.

1. StuartAM

StuartAM Registered

I’ve tried a few times to race online but I have as yet managed to even connect to a server let alone turn a wheel

I’m using the latest release candidate but when I try to join a server I just get a generic error (can’t remember off the top of my head)

So my question is, is there a guide to getting up and running online?

thanks

Stu

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

If you are trying to join a server with the DLC cars, you need to have the exact same cars as the server. So if the Server has all 14 GT3 cars, then you need all 13 as well. This would be the 12 car GT3 Bundle AND the Ferrari GT3. Same goes for the GTE field, There are two Endurance bundles and 'IF" the server has both bundles installed, then you must also have both bundles installed.

3. StuartAM

StuartAM Registered

Thanks for the quick reply, I have some of the dlc mainly the gt3 pack & Ferrari and some of the tracks, How do you tell what’s on a server?

thanks
    Stu

4. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

unfortunately you cant until you try to join and it throws you of.

5. StuartAM

StuartAM Registered

Thanks for the reply, I’ll keep trying

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The Competition System will tell you if you try to subscribe to a series, if you have all the cars and tracks necessary for that one particular series. You can run more than one series at a time, and each may or probably WILL need a different set of cars or tracks. They have been trying to keep at least one series using all free cars like the Tatuus and free tracks. It will vary as each week goes by what the next series will require.