Bentley 2020 and Ferrari 488 GT3 FFB

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dean Hayes, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Dean Hayes

Dean Hayes Registered

Anyone else been a bit disappointed with the ffb in the most recently GT3s? Just my opinion but I've found that both the Bentley 2020 and 488 GT3 feel quite light in the steering with little detail coming through. There's also no feel off centre which means the cars feel like there wondering around on straight. I went back to the Mclaren 650S GT3 and Porsche 911 RSR GTE as these cars have always been my reference for their classes and it's day and night to me. Tested on Studio 397 Sebring as it has excellent ffb detail.

SuperMonaco_GP, pety100, Toro and 3 others like this.
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Recently, another topic about ffb listed the 650s as having the strongest ffb. Don't know if that has anything to do with it. You might want to try increasing the individual car ffb to see if that gets closer to your expectations.

DrivingFast likes this.
  3. r00b Driver

r00b Driver Registered

Hi, yes for me the Ferrari GT3 FFB is very underwhelming. When I first drove it, it felt like I was floating around on air, I honestly thought the drivers for my wheel weren't working.

So I switched to another car (Porsche GTE) and the difference was instant. Switched to the Ferrari GTE and it felt planted.

Switched back to the Fezza GT3 and floaty, lightness. Tried other GT3 cars : Porsche being the heaviest, Audi being the lightest but not as light as the Ferrari.

I use SimHub and have a FFB meter so I know I'm not clipping, I've tuned it so that it never clips.

When I drive the Ferrari GT3 its as if the road surface detail isn't getting transmitted to the wheel.

Fwiw I have a Fanatec CSW 2.5, with the latest drivers needed for the most recent release of Fanalabs (October 2020) - don't know the numbers as not at my pc now.

nolive721 likes this.
  4. Pavel Tcholakov

Pavel Tcholakov Registered

Another data point: IMO, the Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo is the best feeling, most transparent of all the GT3s on my T300. I run it at 100% gain in drivers, 0.70 car-specific multiplier in rF2. Haven’t looked at data traces for clipping, it’s definitely on the light side compared to others. But the information conveyed is fantastic.

r00b Driver likes this.
  5. Jeferson Richart

Jeferson Richart Registered

I am participating in a GT3 championship with the Mclaren 720S, and after the last update, I felt it lighter. I had to increase the FFB of my steering wheel, and even then it was not as good as before. (Fanatec Base 2.0)

6. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

I had to up the FFB car multiplier to 1.10 to enjoy both cars, no clipping as such on the reporting tool I am using (Simhub) and plenty of road details as well as car dynamics felt through my TS PC racer wheel

7. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

110% ffb multi no software clipping???
    No
    Use damplugin and motec to check clipping.

Lower ffb multi and increase to 100% the overall forces in the driver.

TJones likes this.
  8. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

Last edited: May 11, 2021
  9. EricW

EricW Registered

Agree, though the Ferrari is a very nice drive, the modeling is also great.
    Porsche GT3 and Mclaren 650S are my favourites, please don't ever change that FFB feel

10. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

do you have to raise the FFB multiplier too for the last cars ? But for Porsche and Mclaren 650 it's the opposite, do yo have to reduce it ?

11. EricW

EricW Registered

I don't have to raise the FFB for the newer cars on my SC 1.
    But they seem to be a lot softer, or more filtered in output, especially around center.
    I personally like the cars with a lot of feel around the centre the most.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  12. jepeto

jepeto Registered

i don t like the new cars so i can t help

13. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

I agree. I was going to create a thread about this, that some cars feel more "dampened" than others and I don't quite like it, but can live with it.

AlexHeuskat and EricW like this.
  14. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

Can you do the post please, I have replayed with all my cars, and I miss the old feeling like with Stock cars 2018, BMW M2 CS, Radical SRX, the old GT3, even with the Reiza cars, the FFB was raw and gorgeous, now with the new cars, all is dampened-muffled-muted, it doesn't go in a right direction for me for the FFB.
    I will really appreciate and option to have the RAW FFB like before.
    I can live with...yes cause I use the old FFB cars...

Nieubermesch likes this.
  15. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Registered

...another much valid reason to implement an ingame ffb multiplier while on track, not just in the garage.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    Nieubermesch likes this.
  16. lagg

lagg Registered

The FFB multiplier doesn't change the FFB (only yhe force).
    This has nothing to do with what AlexHeuskat says.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  17. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

It's not terrible or anything for me, still good, but definetly a step down. I would make the thread but I doubt something like really produces any change on that regard. Even real issues are difficult to be fixed, such a minor inconvinience would be even less taken into account.

18. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

If one has a DD they can probably boost the forces by having a higher FFB, so it wouldn't be such a problem, but sure, it's not a fix.

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If you're talking about the nature of the FFB rather than the force, it won't help. That's the point.

Anyone actually seen anything in FFB telemetry traces?

lagg likes this.
  20. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Well, one can make it more responsive by raising forces, and feel things better. I know I even habe to have some clipping because of that. So yeah, not quite changing the nature, but guessing a DD will help somewhat