Released Released | Lime Rock Park PBR Update

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, May 5, 2021.

1. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

very good, even if it's not laserscanned, I miss some bumps.
    It's very beauty, the last game with a crisp render.

2. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

Having tried a few races on this updated track I have noticed a few issues. Firstly how the AI take pit entrance. They just dive in at high speed and sometimes crash into the pit wall, or into the back of you. Shouldn't they brake in the entrance lane and turn in much slower? I have also noticed they run into each other in the pits, spinning the car in front around, blocking the pitlane. Also I have witnessed AI getting stuck on the centre pole of the tents in the parking area. They also tend to hit the wall when leaving the tents as it is too tight to turn.

This is less of a issue, more of a suggestion but I noticed in the .gdb files the "minimum yellow laps = 1" and "pits closed laps = 0" are stipulated which overrides any settings in the .rfm. I would understand if it was a really long circuit (Le Mans or nordschleife) as more than one lap behind the safety car could be tedious, which is why it is suggested to have the override per track. But on a short lap like Lime Rock or Portland even, it shouldn't be necessary. By the time you have raced back to the start/finish line then told which car to follow the safety car period is ending. The pack doesn't get much time to bunch back up and the pits don't close. Its doesn't make sense anyway as you can't have less than one lap of safety car anyway.

Apart from that I am really enjoying it.

Magus and atomed like this.
  3. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Just tried it
    Very nice , these updates are great

RaceNut and atomed like this.