Replays Not Loading Game Hangs

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Pete Duggan, May 7, 2021.

1. Pete Duggan

Pete Duggan Registered

When is the issue with replays not loading and hanging the game going to be resolved

2. lagg

lagg Registered

Could you explain your problem a bit more?
    I usually watch replays without problems.

3. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

I have the same problem when trying to load a replay from the list, it starts to load and then just stops and the only way to get out of it is ctrl-alt-delete. I never had any problems loading replays with the old UI.

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

older replays, like those prior to January 2021(rough guess on the date) will no longer work. They made some changes to the replay format and the older replays no longer worked with the new UI. The work-around was to use Steam to fall back to an earlier version of rF2, but I think most of the older versions have been dropped so that option may no longer apply. But if this was a code change to allow new features, then there will be no 'fix' for the older replays.
    HOWEVER,
    If the replay is fairly recent, then it could be something that S397 needs to look at.

5. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

I've deleted all my replays that were created with old UI so I have replays from the new UI only and they will not load. Definitely something S397 needs to sort out.

6. lagg

lagg Registered

Sorry. I can watch all the new replays, then i can't help you.
    It's clear that the problem, with my config, isn't in my side.

7. Nichtlustig77

Nichtlustig77 Registered

same problem here. You try if it work with old ui and replays, so install old ui, than race and save and load? When not, i try this evening, i delete all and install rf2 again, a lot of work, but no help here so far :(

8. Ricky Law

Ricky Law Registered

I am having the same issue.

9. Nichtlustig77

Nichtlustig77 Registered

so, maybe here is the answer. Yesterday i tried all different versions of new ui on steam, no different. "loading replay, please wait", nothing happend. Then i rolled back to the old ui an it worked :). But the grafics was so ugly, that i don`t want stand on the old ui without the new shaders and so on, an changed back to the new ui, actually release candidate, tried replay loading and yeah worked also. The loading times are longer, but worked. Looked like the problem was overwritten from the changes :) good luck.

10. Ricky Law

Ricky Law Registered

I had success by deleting all my replays from my files.