[WIP] Apex Modding - 1970 Sportscar Championship

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by ApexModding, Oct 5, 2018.

1. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

2. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Not tried them at new Spa, I have been concentrating on the historic tracks but these cars are a blast to drive.

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

There is a 1966 Spa. A little early perhaps.

4. JamesB

JamesB Registered

No, I have driven them there, its fantastic but deeply scary!

Art_Pereira and davehenrie like this.
  5. philmahre

philmahre Registered

Great work, wonderfull but as lovers of the 1970 season now waiting for Matra and Alfa

6. yoss

yoss Registered

In fact we have work of a lot of parts in the 917k : physics , body rendering and color wise, helmet , driver etc etc .
    In term of graphics the 917 is like that for now :

GRAB_110.PNG GRAB_112.PNG GRAB_116.PNG GRAB_121.PNG

Last edited: May 9, 2021
    Slamfunk3, Corti, Hazi and 14 others like this.
  7. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Lovely, I cant wait, I really can't. Will make a few videos of these. Are you guys going to work on some of the other cars after this update for the 917? It would be lovely to see the Matra or the Alfa.

philmahre likes this.
  8. Jyyka Pihtari

Jyyka Pihtari Registered

917K didn't run with stiff suspension, 512S did. The latter also understeered like a truck (ask Derek Bell).

9. benborp

benborp Registered

A quick note on a graphics issue with the current version of the 917 that I am running: the steering shaft is only rendered from the outside and as it isn't capped by the steering wheel boss it is possible to see down the inside. Not a major issue, but it can lead to one of the more disconcerting aspects of VR where something is visible in one eye but not the other.

I love the VR experience in the Ferrari. Driving a closed cockpit car without any clipping around the roof or windows is really immersive.

10. Tnadz

Tnadz Registered

Just ran these at Spa with CMS. Not all of them made it to the end...
    [​IMG]

11. Art_Pereira

Art_Pereira Registered

Not sure if this was asked before: Is the mod going to include the 917LH and the 512 Coda Lunga?

12. Tnadz

Tnadz Registered

That was the original intent. It may take some time before those appear though.

atomed, ApexModding and Art_Pereira like this.
  13. JamesB

JamesB Registered

That's the sort of carnage I usually see at historic Spa as well. Superb fun but a genuinely frightening circuit to try to drive flat out, one small mistake and the results are that screen shot

14. Tnadz

Tnadz Registered

Oddly enough, it was the start when everything was neat and orderly. Just one guy took Malmedy a touch to the left and caught those damned hay bails.

15. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Are they Lola's you are racing with in that pic? I was racing with the 917 and the Ferrari with the Lola's at Longford and it was a really good match, they were slightly slower but it added some more variety. What other cars do you run with these?

16. Tnadz

Tnadz Registered

Yes, from Crossply. We also run the Alfa 33 TT 12 (Chief Wiggum) even though it's technically from 1974-75 but components of it were tested during 71-72 seasons because of the change to 3 L engines (thanks gas crisis). CMS worked closely with Apex to create a very good BoP and run the historic schedule. It's been fantastic getting to know the cars and tracks from this era. Yosss and Gwee have done astounding work.
    It would have never happened without them

GeraArg, GPNeville, pascom and 5 others like this.
  17. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Would love to do some online racing with these, do you guys use them a fair bit and would you have room for an enthusiastic beginner (rf2 not all online racing)?

yoss and Mauro like this.
  18. Tnadz

Tnadz Registered

Absolutely. The group is very open and diverse from all over the world. The more American based one is Tuesday at 8:30/9 pm EDT ( 12:30am GMT) and the other is Saturdays at 1:30/2 EDT (5:30 GMT). Purist, Pro and Am classes and a wide variety of talent means you're ALWAYS racing with someone. And several are folks who will share setups and offer help.

https://discord.gg/4ckmjPX

Note, it's not every week, races are about once a month, staying as true to the original 1971 calendar as possible.

JamesB and yoss like this.
  19. Mauro

Mauro Registered

You have a kind of bop for all the cars in the video?

P. S. I don't know if it will be possible, but Could be great a future pubblic release of your CMS 1970 sportcar championship league edition vmod for use it in offline championships too

yoss likes this.
  20. Tnadz

Tnadz Registered

Yes all the cars are BoPed for the series. They all have very unique characteristics, strengths and weaknesses. The CMS team typically doesn't do public releases since many of the mods are from different sources and the original owners prefer we don't release their products as our own. But to that end, Apex is doing some great work to release all the cars from 1970 which should be an amazing set.

Gasper Zupan, yoss and Mauro like this.