American StockCar Challenge

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by juanarg70, Feb 10, 2021.

1. MiguelVallejo

MiguelVallejo Registered

Genial..!

Corti likes this.
  2. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

Okey.. the skin guy is killing it. The skins would be duplicated without any decals for you to custom your own skins if you want.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

cheers

3. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

4. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

I'm working on the historic. Updating the bodys with internal panels, windows and sounds before sending templates to the skin guy.

I'm having trouble with uv mapping of a car. See picture attached. At first we though it was double faces.. or normals. But nothing we tried seemed to work. Any suggestions?

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    pascom, GeraArg, Corti and 1 other person like this.
  5. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

6. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

Two brands ready to rock. Re-scaled bodys to spec, new sounds, skins and 6 speed gearbox for next release.

Cheers guys

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    atomed, Gasper Zupan, Hazi and 6 others like this.
  7. MiguelVallejo

MiguelVallejo Registered

Vaya pinta está cogiendo.

Gracias por el tremendo esfuerzo!

juanarg70 likes this.
  8. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

I uploaded the two finished cars into steam. Soon we'll have the other two. Blank templates in teams folder.

Cheers

Corgan, GeraArg, Gasper Zupan and 3 others like this.
  9. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

New car added. One to go

[​IMG]

Gasper Zupan, GeraArg, pascom and 5 others like this.
  10. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

Mod completed
    [​IMG]
    cheers

Gasper Zupan, pkelly, lagg and 7 others like this.
  11. bears

bears Registered

Hey first up congratulations on getting this mod completed it’s a great effort and a fun mod I was wondering if there are plans in future to adjust the model behind the front wheels and behind the front air dam so it’s not possible to see through the car to the other side or see it’s lack of engine :) Currently from certain views you can see straight through while not a killer it would just complete the mod I reckon

btw it’s a fascinating series which I knew very little about I have done some research and might do a skin or two in the future for it

Either way nice mod thanks for sharing your hard work :)

Corti, juanarg70 and MiguelVallejo like this.
  12. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

Thank you and yes, My idea was to model some engine parts, radiator and tubins. Never got the time to propperly do it. Athough the cars have a lot of polys.. We have to be careful about adding objects to them.

If you or anyone is able to model simple suitable under the hood parts, I'll be happy to add them.
    Another issue is that wheel diameter is set by the encrpted physics. Diameter is a bit oversized for the car so the 3d body has to be somewhat high to avoid wheel popping out the hood at breaking or bumps. This also limits your ride heght setting range for good aesthetics. If posible.. I would only change tyre diameter if it doesn't messes with the physics.

Cheers

Last edited: May 6, 2021
    pascom, Corti and MiguelVallejo like this.
  13. bears

bears Registered

Ha ha no modeling is beyond my skills I am just a dumb skinner :)

not sure it needs an engine or parts just some coverage so you can’t see there is none... any way no pressure good luck with it... if I do a skin or two I will post them here :)

Corti likes this.
  14. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

Send me skins. I Will add them to next releases. You have blanks in teams folder to add numbers and decals.

Corti and pkelly like this.
  15. bears

bears Registered

Ok this is a very very early wip attempt and its not a perfect replica and there area a few template issue but it looks promising...
    The biggest issue for me atm is I can't make a virtual ride car so it makes making a skin pretty difficult.. if you can look at this and fix this issue that would be great (new materials would be a bonus :) ) and I will look at finishing this one.... no pressure btw

20210507143011_1.jpg

svictor, Mauro, juanarg70 and 2 others like this.
  16. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

Nice!! But I wouldn't be able to upload that skin into my releases because it looks like a real racing league car team. What you mean by virtual race car and new materials?

17. bears

bears Registered

With the 397 cars you can select them in the spinner and create a new team and associated skin it’s based off the car you select and uses that cars veh file as it’s basis, not sure what’s required to trigger that but you car does not have the as an option the creat button is greyed out, it’s a modding question I can’t really answer... regarding materials again it’s a modding question but with the new materials implemented in the car model it allows different types of paint from Matt vinyl to chrome and metallic this thread might help get you started... hope this helps :)

https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/ibl-pbr-car-shader-assistance.64024/

18. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

Ok bears, maybe someone here can point me out on how to do this. It could be a simple line of code in the upgrade.ini. You could install blender or 3dsimed and upload the skin to the 3d body to check skins on the fly. If I could do it.. anyone can. trust me. For materials I just copy the material from other cars in rf2. Maybe theres an specific car that has a better material set onto it. Anything I could do to improve the content.. helps me. Thank you.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2021
  19. bears

bears Registered

Yeah there are some smart people here I am sure someone can help... the one thing I did notice is your skins in the original teams are .png files not sure how rf2 handles that as they should be dds i would think and your templates are 1024 x 1024 which doesn’t help the quality I would aim for 4096 x 4096

Its a fun mod it is certainly worth the attention to improve it ... :)

Last edited: May 9, 2021
  20. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

I added a plane in the engine bay as you suggested. Waiting on confirmation from the skin guy to know if he could change them to .dds and 4096x4096.

Corti and bears like this.