Released Released | Lime Rock Park PBR Update

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, May 5, 2021.

1. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Damn it i feared it!
    So I don't even have to look inside.
    Please fix!

2. StuartAM

StuartAM Registered

One thing I’ve noticed is that going out on track from the infield building to the pits takes ages and my car is crashed twice by the auto pilot once into the parked cars just after leaving the building and once just as the pit lane comes to an end it turns hard right by the safety car. Other than that any issue is down to me being rubbish at driving...

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I saw GT3 AI car enter the pits from the track and smash into the tire barrier protecting the guardrail. Looked like a major hit, not a scrape.

4. FrC

FrC Registered

Last edited: May 7, 2021
  5. SoloWingX

SoloWingX Registered

Track looks great, just the AI is very slow (tested at the all chicane layout).

6. Lethal

Lethal Registered

Invisible walls

Attached Files:

StuartAM likes this.
  7. Fabian Balle

Fabian Balle Registered

Also in the run-off in T1. And there is nothing worse than invisible walls :eek:

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Invisible walls are only good for making the invisible man run into them. Good irony. Unfortunately it's hard to enjoy because you can't see it.

And on topic, yeah. Invisible walls suck. Sometimes I come off the track and try to park elegantly on an escape road, and BINK there I am tapping an invisible wall. Awkward.

9. Comante

Comante Registered

I didn't know it was an open world sandbox.

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

One bizarre problem with Lime Rock, and this goes back to the GTR2 days, the back-straight is tightly located against the back of the garage/Tent area. Thus the game often throws yellow flags for cars that are stopped near the racing surface. The 'problem' is these are cars in their proper garage locations. Now I don't run with flags, any one who does is just causing self-inflicted pain. But it could become a problem online if yellow flags online could possibly ruin qualification runs.

atomed and StuartAM like this.
  11. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Thank you for the update. The amount of detail on this track is amazing now. Very well done to all that did it :). The birds are a nice touch flying around the track.

Try the track with Full Track detail. You will see them invisible walls are decorative parked cars.
    GRAB_045.JPG
    Yes, I not a fan of invisible walls too. I found it is a shame they have walled up all access to drive your car to the middle of the track like you could with the old version. I think it's one of the nice things about old RF2 tracks that you can find all these hidden locations by driving off road. Think there is a skidpan at the top of the hill, etc. Think we all tried driving over the bridge in the old version :D.
    GRAB_043.JPG

green serpent and Lethal like this.
  12. atomed

atomed Member

Just tried it with the rF1 academy car conversion, fantastic job guys, the track looks beautiful.

Delzimar likes this.
  13. Delzimar

Delzimar Registered

Fantastic work!!!!

atomed likes this.
  14. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

I actually limited RF2 running a while ago but felt compelled to launch it on hearing this news.
    Wow!
    The track is stunning and runs very smooth...even on a 'potato' GTX770.
    I ran about five laps in URD's 2012 Maures T5 version 2 and it just felt the part.
    Why the hell did it take this long for this quality of work to show up in this sim?

15. green serpent

green serpent Registered

Pleeeese bring back access to the skid pad. This was such a good place to practise car control. Plus accessing the infield was just all round very cool. It was the first time in a racing game that I realized that a track was actually a big map rather than just a thin strip of tarmac, it somwhow made it feel more simulation than just racing game.

mantasisg likes this.
  16. StuartAM

StuartAM Registered

Only a few might minor issue, there seems to be lots of yellow flags at the last corner it’s been mentioned in one of the previous posts about being linked to the location of the infield cars, that’s my other issue the length of time to navigate out of the garage building around the infield then into the pits and finally onto the track, my preference would be to start in the pit box
    other than that I’ve happily been driving around in the gt3 Porsche, still crashing but that’s not the tracks fault...

17. Magus

Magus Registered

Just got round to trying the new LR, it was one of my 'go-to' tracks with the Skippy in my earlier rF2 playing days and the track now looks amazing with the performance to match. Well done and thank you S397.

RaceNut, pkelly and atomed like this.
  18. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

LR looks really great, nice update S397.

19. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

[QUOTE="StuartAM, post: 1067874, member: 56352" still crashing but that’s not the tracks fault...[/QUOTE]
    Are you sure? I routinely blame tracks for cars deciding they want to experience the thrill of trees or armco up close!

StuartAM likes this.
  20. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

Great update. AI seems generally too slow in cornering speed and taking the hill as well. Tested with SC2018X and Ferrari GTE on the no chicane layout.