Latest Roadmap Update - April 2021

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Joseph vaccaro

Joseph vaccaro Registered

so iam told this is sim is for teams an leag racing. i bought this to be able to to race agaist other peaple who doent run you off the track. so now i dont know wat to do i still cant jion anything.an i own alot of content i like the phisiks in this sim its the best i dont know were to begine now in multiplayer.wat do i do

2. Delzimar

Delzimar Registered

"]It was clearly stated couple of years ago"
    How much longer? :D:D:D:D

3. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

rFactor 2 FFB
    rf2 FFB.jpg

ACC FFB
    ACC FFB.jpg

AMS 2
    AMS 2 FFB.jpg

Paulfield likes this.
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

There is 'time' and then there is 'rFactor 2' 'time.' Much like newlyweds in West Virginia, it is all relative! Long ago I gave up waiting for things and decided to focus on what we have. With the exception of an NSX GT3, I've been fairly happy.

5. Delzimar

Delzimar Registered

6. Lethal

Lethal Registered

bug

Attached Files:

7. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

Yeah, that's the problem...

8. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

to be honest, I prefer the rF2 FFB/physics with the rF2 sky, than the AC FFB/physics with the sky sol mod....I don't drive anymore, or very very rarely AC since I have invested in rF2 in 2017....

Nieubermesch and Paulfield like this.
  9. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Very impressed with the way the sim is going of late, getting better all the time.

Is there anything planned regarding the Dedicated Server setup?
    Its not changed much over the years, and it would be good to see it catch up with the rest of the sim
    Being able to set a lot more within the GUI rather than having to edit json files would be great, and mean its easier for people who havent worked there way around all the different settings.

10. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Is this release ever going to be promoted out of Release Candidate to the Stable build? It was released on March 4th and since that time has seen a few patches but no major new functionality - but this is getting close to 2 1/2 months since this was released. It's too long. Way too long... what is the holdup?

Nieubermesch likes this.
  11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I think some of the delay was addressed in one of the last two roadmaps. Give those another gander and you should find your answer.

12. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Well, that's just it @davehenrie there is nothing. In the March Release thread, the last updates to RC3 were April 13th and 14th addressing the replay stutters, and since then nothing (though I think there has in fact been another build of RC3, its not noted in here). The roadmaps stated there may be a reduction in frequency of the RC builds since the last set have been (allegedly) bug fixing, but there was no mention of how frequently the promotion of RC to Stable (main) should happen. So its been a month since last build, bug fixes and no statement of known issues waiting to be fixed before promotion. It's just gone utterly radio silent once again.

As regards frequency of RC builds, it was stated that there is new large chunks of functionality being added. It makes sense that this would only happen once internal testing of new features has been completed, and they are ready for release into the community for external testing; and we might expect some delays and many builds to fix those problems, before the RC is promoted. But it shouldn't take 3 months to promote. iRacing produce new "season" builds every 3 months (and they've regressed a lot recently, they produce patches and then sub-patches/hotfixes as well, which they never used to have to do). It shouldn't be taking 3 months to patch a build that's gone to release candidate. Plus they've not stated any preference for how often they expect to introduce release candidates/stable builds - 3 months, or longer. The last RC really seemed to bring in some UI changes/competition system stuff, but mainly new AA and auto exposure seemed to be the primary improvements. I can understand those were fairly major changes and it might take longer to complete bug fixing of that, but the roadmap made it pretty clear the dev team had "moved on" to new features in April and May, that'll be in the next major revision(s). Time to put the current one from March to bed!!!

Elcid43, pkelly and davehenrie like this.
  13. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I think I have found the new track : Paul Ricard.

PR curb.jpg

rFactor 2 preview :
    New-Track.jpg

14. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Martin Vindis likes this.
  15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Which Paulie do we get? (if you are correct) The uber fast 1st turn(or lack there-of) or the sharper 1st turn coupled with a Le Mans Chicane? So many layouts but the WEC version was never used in previous conversions

mixer61 likes this.
  16. RDG

RDG Registered

It's Barcelona isn't it.

17. Nichtlustig77

Nichtlustig77 Registered

i can't start from replay anymore, tried different versions of Beta, nothing help. i have to kill windows, hard shutdown :( i don't know what i can do anymore.

Attached Files: