Deformable Tire - Some Questions

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by chogger, May 4, 2021.

1. chogger

chogger Registered

Hey guys, i have questions about the Deforable Tire Shader.
    I converted some older cars (with help of redapg Tools). I used the original tbc with some tgm Files from ISI. They are working quite well.

Now i wanted to use some of the new rF2 Features like the Deformable Tires. Well, thats not working well ;)
    The tire is deformable, but way too much. What is causing this?

Standing
    https://chogger.de/work/tire_1.png

Bumpy Road
    https://chogger.de/work/tire_2.png

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I haven't experimented with physics vs graphics in order to immediately diagnose, but I'd suggest checking that your tbc values match the tgm (radius especially) and that the tbc spring values produce reasonable deflection at your working loads. Perhaps also make sure you're using a tgm that has a similar rim:tyre radius ratio to your graphical ones (or vice versa).

3. TheGame316

TheGame316 Registered

It's been a while looking at these files. You want tbc, tgm and graphical radius to match. Both rim and tyre. Ideally you want your graphical profile and tgm to roughly match as well. As Lazza suggested adjust tbc spring values for ai loads. TGM values should be fine unless your vehicle is oversize for the tyre. Other than that, you will be dealing with tgm values that are not easy to deal with simply.

4. chogger

chogger Registered

I decided to use both tbc & tgm from the isi car. Resized them with the Online Tools and changed the Radius, Width and Rim Parameter to match the old car (in tbc file). Seems to work...

Any bigger problems with that? Do i need to change values in the chassis.ini now?

5. TheGame316

TheGame316 Registered

To get vehicle/corner mass and inertia correct, yes. If you are using the physics spreadsheet, you can paste tgm info into it to calculate these.