Latest Roadmap Update - April 2021

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Apr 30, 2021.

1. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

s397 are already testing new smoke, and I will not surprised after screen space reflections that they add new smoke, and new dust effect, and I hope a new sky, and moving vegetation, moving crowd, more ambient crowd sound, there is always a giant room for improvement.
    smoke 1.jpg
    smoke 2.jpg

2. EricW

EricW Registered

A roadmap is imo not meant to be a indication for surprises, neither for reflection over events in the past or marketing...
    That's called a press release or update.
    The word roadmap imo says it all actually.
    I see one planned development and one ongoing development.
    I don't see any sign of movement or reflection on things issued multiple times by the community, who have the best intentions and want it to grow just as much as the studio itself.

3. RNelson

RNelson Registered

On this forum they typically become sources for debate.....

4. EricW

EricW Registered

Nothing wrong with a debate.
    Isn't that what a forum is invented for?
    Through debate you get a better idea and inside what is going on and lives inside a community.

Juergen-BY likes this.
  5. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Yes, that would be really very, very important, to get some new smoke. Fixing all the AI bugs would be just some cosmetic repair...Its not against you, but i cant resist ;-)

6. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Actualy is one of mains reasons that whe never see a drift comunity in rFactor2,the bests modders for AC are all related to drift content,the bigest comunity in rFactor 1 was also drift related,is not only GT3,WEC,FE etc etc,ohh and rally is needed too,and proper dirt physics.

7. Joseph vaccaro

Joseph vaccaro Registered

how do i get to the latest biuld iam stuck at 6558068.the new one is 6007042.can some one help

8. Delzimar

Delzimar Registered

The S397 misses opportunities to improve the SIM, since as you said, it’s easy to implement

9. lagg

lagg Registered

Steam Library - Right click on rF2 - Properties - Betas - None

10. Joseph vaccaro

11. Joseph vaccaro

ok i did go to none the biuld is still the same number.app ID 365960 BIULD IS6558068. SO WAT IS THE PROBLEM WHY DOESNT IT UPDATE TO THE NWEW BIULD IT SAYS UPDATED MAY 5

12. Goanna

Goanna Registered

From what I can tell 6558068 is the latest public build, where did you see that 6007042 is the latest? That 600 number looks a bit suss too, build id’s go up so just looking at those two numbers it looks like it’s a really old build number.

13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

And 6558100 is the most current release candidate. He has scrambled his numbers somewhere. 6558068 should be the correct non-beta version. He is worried about a non-issue.

14. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Yep, build 6007042 was the December 2020 build ID

15. Delzimar

Delzimar Registered

Sky and clouds comparison between SIMS:

ASSETTO MOD SOL
    upload_2021-5-5_17-40-55.png

AC Competizione
    upload_2021-5-5_17-43-57.png

AMS2
    upload_2021-5-5_17-45-51.png

RF2 :(:(:(
    upload_2021-5-5_17-48-41.png

Attached Files:

16. TJones

TJones Registered

Assetto (Sol) wins. :)

Elcid43 and Delzimar like this.
  17. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I just did 10 laps at Lime Rock, I did not look at the sky, not once. I did not look at the trees, not once. I must confess I did look at the asphalt more than once.(oh, and for some reason, the grass, I saw some grass...uh...more than once...)

rF2 has lots of warts, but for me, graphics are rather low on the list. I would like to see all the DLC content uniformly outfitted with the same level of detail as the Ferrari and new Corvette. I would like the sound to be bigger and bolder for all cars. I would like the AI to quit stabbing the brakes while cornering(although Michael Schumacher drove that way) I would like all the offline issues, sorted and solved, I would like all the driver swap issues including setups, damages, different wheel settings to be solved with online stability becoming the standard of all sims. I would love to see more features per car such as antil-slip lights, multiple page Cosworth displays. Just more of everything. THEN... when all the broken things are fixed, feel free to goose the sky graphics.

18. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Been using all the sims that are shown above. Nothing beats the weather system in Madness engine. I am not sure how anyone would consider SOL realistic but to each their own. All I can tell you is that I have never seen a sky like that over Germany. ACC is ok-ish, but there are issues with huge clouds plopping in and out, like everything in the sim basicly. I would have added iRcing a close second btw, as they have quite nice sky rendering aswell. Other than that, the clouds that are rendered in rF2 are good, it's just that they don't fit the weather conditions. Stratus clouds and storm or heavy overcast conditions just don't work well together. But the clouds that are shown in the news screens are pretty much perfect for the weather that's being shown.

19. Delzimar

Delzimar Registered

This is your opinion, for me the external graphics are part of the immersion

sg333 likes this.
  20. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered