Broadcast Overlay Replay Event Broken

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Michael Brooks, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Michael Brooks

Michael Brooks Registered

i am getting used to the broadcast overlay, everything is working except for one thing.
    when i click 'mark replay' event, it marks the moment, but when i try to select that replay event it carrys on showing what was already being focused on.
    To clarify, the replay animation shows, but it continues to show what ever i was focusing on.
    Also the - 'go to live feed' button does not work either, there seems to be something disconnected between the replay controls and the overlay. I have tried this with the rf2 replay set to both live and tape delay, the same issue occurs.

I have rf2 replay on full screen, i.e. the little box on the bottom right is showing the car going around the track (i.e. the pit menu is not showing)
    All the camera controls work fine for selecting drivers individually, but the replay side is simply broken.I am happy to supply the logs if needed.
    p.s. i am in spectate mode on the server

Script likes this.
  2. Michael Brooks

Michael Brooks Registered

update - it seems the issue is on the release candidate, on the non beta version of rf2 the issue isnt there. non beta rf2 works fine

3. Script

Script Registered

Are you shown "Replay" instead of the timer / laps?
    It hasn't shown me anymore for a few updates. I would like to understand if I am doing something wrong, or is it really a problem

4. Wanderpoole

Wanderpoole Registered

i get no replay on the release candidate, but i run the "none" option

5. Ralffan

Ralffan Registered

I also have this problem, in the current stable release. There is some kind of workaround: click the key R (or whatever key you have assigned to instant replay in the game), and then go back to live but, very important, from the broadcast control panel. After doing that, replays work for me from the control panel.

6. Wanderpoole

Wanderpoole Registered

This is how it is supposed to work but in what was the release candidate and now is the current build it doesnt work like that. Unless there is a diff way to perform this. Something got broke and now its look over here at the squirrel while we ignore the stuff we broke.

7. Ralffan

Ralffan Registered

Yes, in the current build it's more broken than before. The workaround I mentioned does not work anymore.