Competition System Blog | Week 14

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Apr 14, 2021.

1. lagg

lagg Registered

Not only you :rolleyes:

2. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Nope you didn't miss it. We've skipped Wednesday this week and will start the new 2 week release cycle from next Wednesday. Intially I suggested on Discord it would start from this Wednesday, but I actually got that wrong!

So it will look like this going forward:

05/05
    19/05
    02/06
    16/06
    30/06

etc
    etc

lagg and StuartAM like this.
  3. StuartAM

StuartAM Registered

Thanks though I was going blind in my old age o_O

4. juninho tilambucano

juninho tilambucano Registered

i know is really not CS related but since i've never had an official response: the driver labels (name tags or whatever is called) are planned to be back? is it possible in the new UI?

5. lagg

lagg Registered

In the january roadmap they said that is planned to bring back the driver labels
    https://www.studio-397.com/2021/01/roadmap-update-january-2021/

6. Stevy

Stevy Registered

Did you think about doing just a little advertisment for the new CS just yet?
    Something like just a short tweet or FB post which announces the new series everytime we get new ones (so every ~3 weeks)?
    I don't have to tell you that the participation in the CS is quite low.
    And I don't know how usefull a BETA is if you have nobody to race/test.

7. EricW

EricW Registered

I already read some questions about the specifics of the rating system.
    Can you specify a bit more about the development or approach of a safety rating system.
    Imo the SR systems in other simulators are far from accurate and they heavily influence the driving style in a unrealistic matter.
    And next to that it doesn't adapt to the type of cars/race classes.
    Collision detection, and damage model seem to be the only factors coming in to play to subtract a certain amount of SR from all involved drivers, regardless the situation on track.
    Will we see a improvement in that field compared to other simulators with the main focus on racecraft, racetype and in general...realism?

Remco Majoor likes this.
  8. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

I am really disappointed by your answer to the HUD question in weeks 13's blog post and want to highlight again with this discussion (https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/i-am-missing-something-new-hud.69534/) that there REALLY Is a demand for a new modern usable HUD rather than a "hardcore no HUD mode", especially in online modes so you can concentrate on racing rather than fiddling around with the HUD. Anyway I think you are doing a very great job communicating with the users. I love the blogs and Roadmap updates

EricW likes this.