Thrustmaster TS XW/PC racer FFB tuning (T300 too)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nieubermesch, Apr 18, 2021.

1. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

For your information THRUSTMASTER validated (IN QUOTATION) my tutorial.

Indeed, I asked them for additional information, and without them knowing that I wrote this tutorial, they told me to refer to it.

It does mean what it means ;):cool:

For T300 didnt forget to use 75% in FFB multi and 2.5% in min torque (for 95% of official DLC and free *S397* cars. All other values are correct. Just 55% FFB multi for ETCC cars and I think all FWD cars.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
    Nieubermesch likes this.
  2. regged

regged Registered

Hardly a validation, probably support just not having any more information and refering to something they found via google.
    Lookup Echo Chamber.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  3. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Yeah, well, do whatever you want SIR, I was trying to help, and I didn't care whether you used those settings or not.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  4. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

I dont want to discredit your FFB setup guide at all and maybe you're right, but I have to agree it doesn't have to really mean that it's the definitive and preferable way to tweak the FFB. I for sure like to use some of the Spring and Damper but I am sure some people wouldn't like that. It's probably good to add that Spring and Damper can have an effect on guides and let people decide what to do with them. For those that don't have much time or desire to tweak a lot probably also don't really mind if the FFB is feeling totally to their liking and they will use whatever guide they want if they find one and be set.

5. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Alright, I definetly have found that with spring active on Rfactor2, when you pause a race, you get a centering effect counter steering opposite to where you were last steering only. I think I might be feeling some more suspension type movements too, but not too sure.

For people wondering why TS PC racer feels more dampened than a T300... I opened mine yesterday as I was having some rattle and had to grease it and it went way. Simply the theeth making noise when grabbing the gears. But the dampening effect is definetly because of the tension on the belts. I prefer to have them close to what it came with as I don't like too much springginess on the wheel, but if you want the solution is very simple, just open it up and loosen up the belt a bit. No slipping occured. It makes the wheel smoother and faster to turn by hand. I prefer to live with a little bit more strenght and a bit more dampened feel.

6. jepeto

jepeto Registered

the set depend of the mod i prefer decrease ffb for the ts xw(i have small arms)

Nieubermesch likes this.
  7. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Yes, of course. I have reasonably big ones, so I like to take as much as I can from the wheel. But yeah, for people who already dont have it full strenght, this loosening of the belts can give them a smoother and more responsive wheel to some effects ;)

8. jepeto

jepeto Registered

it is an error to sell our configuration
    we can just to say to player that has the same configuration how to set his product and game
    personnaly i prefer the game now than before it offer more possibility

Nieubermesch likes this.