Dedicated Server Dedicated Target Rate ?

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Tripp, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Tripp

Tripp Registered

Where is that in rfactor 2 i notice that servers use framerate 400 on rfactor 2
    I have test a lot in rfactor edit frame rate in rfactor 1 that is default on 250 when i long time ago set that higher i test 500 and 750 the server get bad drops frame rates in a race when it was big car crashes

I think same thing happend in rfactor 2 servers so i must ask in a update is the multiplayer ini been updated with this line Dedicated Target Rate="250" // Target sampling rate for dedicated server (higher #s reduce latency slightly but increase CPU usage)
    so we have a cahnce to edit and test ?

Because it is a big difference use server as high as 400 in frame rates at it is now
    That easy can do that frame rates goes down in dedicated server and drivers get "lags" when cars collide and get a lot of smoke and details in crash.
    Aslo the fps for drivers drops low when that happends.

2. Radar

Radar Registered

Have you added the line in multiplayer.ini to see if it works ? I haven't but was curious if you had and if it worked ..

3. Tripp

Tripp Registered

It not worked when start dedicated server it overwrite the line take it away in multiplayer ini file ;(

4. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

we ran our rf1 servers at like 50fps and that was sufficient, not sure why it needs to be so high in rf2 :s

5. davidan

davidan Registered

Anyone figure this out? Curious why it's 400 as well.

6. Sim7b

Sim7b Registered

It's been a long time... Anyone ?