Porsche GT3 Cup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Inactive user 0001, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

i havent tested the wet tires at all yet, but i keep that in mind, thanks.
    usually i try to make the car as soft as possible in wet conditions but like i said, havent tried it yet.
    will post my findings as soon as i get the hang of this car in wet conditions.

The Porsche Carrera Cup - 2020 @Lausitzring was good race to watch, lots of action.
    race starts at 6min18s

onboard cameras showed "cockpits full of hands" in many occasions :D
    i am equally scared and excited to race this beast in the rain!

2. Paulus_NL

Paulus_NL Registered

Any DD (Simucube 2 sport) users here which like to share there settings or profile in true drive?
    And do you use a specific setting in the calibration of rF2 regarding this porsche cup car?
    • Smoothing
    • Car specific FFB
    • Steering Torque minimum
    :)

ps i am now using a usable setup to do some offline quickraces and have fun in the race.
    Also put it on dropbox if you want to try (or laugh :p) at it: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s963bf92ib3xoen/AAAn8p5jAPICEnW7_TkvZx-wa?dl=0

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    Kelju_K likes this.
  3. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

Ok. i promised to report my findings with the porsche cup car in the rain, so here it goes:
    If you want to be frustrated and feel like you are the worst driver in the world, then the cup car in the rain is your choice. Haha!

I was able to make a setup that keeps the car behaviour pretty much the same for 30 minutes.
    Tire pressures are rather high, but i couldn't make the car brake efficiently with lower pressures. (thats propably just me, ymmv)
    here's the setup: i tested in dry aswell (with slicks ofcourse) , and it's good there (magny cours) in dry too.

steerin lock 524
    preload 90nm
    wing P6
    radiator tape 100% (didnt overheat, might be better to play it safe at 75%)

rideheigt front 7.3
    rideheight rear 8.4

antirollbar front 4
    antirollbar rearr 4

toe front -0.176 deg
    toe rear +0.498 deg

tirepressure front 130 kPa
    tirepressure rear 117 kPa

camber front -4.7
    camber rear -3.9

brake balance 50:50
    brakepressure 80 kgf (100%)
    brake duct closed

VSR is hosting a server with the wet track if you want to try it out there.
    cheers!

atomed and makan like this.
  4. Miquel Ramos

Miquel Ramos Registered

After some testing I find Supercup have a very Hard suspension and that's an issue in bumpy tracks and for AI driving. I don't know if real car have similar suspension, iRacing version is more drivable and soft.
    Endurance versions are slowers but how they are softer, it's more easy to drive, better grip

makan likes this.
  5. Alexandre Martini

Alexandre Martini Registered

tried running wing 1 and 9 at sebring.

makes absolutely no difference in lap times and minor difference in handling.

is that how this car works?

6. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

cup car aero grip is not that high but yea lowest wing V.S highest wing doesn't increase difficulty as much and grip is quite easy manage.

7. franser

franser Registered

Hi, this car still feels very aggressive and unmanageable, the ffb seems to be dead for this car. Automobilista Boxer Cup feels great

SuperMonaco_GP likes this.
  8. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Try lowing those extreme camber angles, get them down as low as you can and it provides a very different experience (I also do this simply because i am just not fast enough though the corners to justify that amount of camber, so i may aswell lower it and get better tracion on braking and accellerating)

atomed likes this.
  9. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

here are some setups i have for the p-cup:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1I3QkDKxWfUnEavghQayzKojBUN1zsmwz?usp=sharing
    most of them are hotlap setups, as i dont have time to drive that much, but been doing hotlaps on rfro's server:
    https://live.racingfr.net/
    Loch drummond atm. setup in folder is the one i did 01:19.008 with.
    If you gonna race with them, add fuel of course, maybe check the preload aswell ;)
    Also most setups are set to unsymmetrical, so if you make changes, check symmetry. Altough Lock Drummond and Zandwoort are the only ones that are truly unsymmetrical iirc.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
    makan and atomed like this.
  10. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Registered

what is the password to enter the servers ?, anyway thanks for the setup

11. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

rfro server has pw only when they are having a race. otherwise its free for all.
    to get the pw you need to register and pay for annual fee to get into the races. I was about to, but currently dont have time to commit to racing schedules.

12. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

And btw, the setups are made with medium realroad, so if you are used to more rubber, they might not work for you. Or if your driving style is very different from mine. I trailbrake pretty deep into the corner, and try to square off the exit (to not have too round line) to get on full throttle early.

13. prceurope

prceurope Registered

I've been lucky enough to drive an older Cup in real life and I can guarantee you it is an absolute beast, the sound is pretty accurate, and rF2 does a great job representing it. I did not truly understand lift-off oversteer until I drove this car irl (at Vallelunga, which I think is one of the best and most underrated tracks on the planet). Soon after, I got to drive a Clio V6 Trophy (MR 2001) and if I had not driven the Cup I would have had no chance of keeping the Clio on the track.

A couple of nights ago, I drove the Cup in rF2 around the Nords for 30 mins straight, using a Michi Hoyer setup, on a motion rig with triples and a SC2 Pro with 90% car-specific FFB.

I cannot remember having had many sessions with a greater sense of immersion and the true-to-life challenge that the Cup represents. Even the slightest lift-off can send you into a spin. Just ask Michael Fassbender.

Go to this point in the video.

As for the AMS2 version - it is fun but it does not have the fidelity of rF2. I have not tried the iRacing one yet and the AC one is great but it does not have the nuance of the rF2 version.

14. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

100%

You lucky bastard! If there is one car i would like to try irl, it would be this. Well there are older F1 cars that i would like to drive but don't have the skills or balls to really do it. For p-cup i would have the balls, dunno about the skill tough...
    And i absolutely agree on the Vallelunga. It's one of my favorites too.

prceurope likes this.
  15. prceurope

prceurope Registered

Yes pure luck. I don't have the skill to do anything special in these cars. One of the strangest things about driving slicks for the first time is that you have to go fast enough to warm them up but no so fast that you stick the car in the gravel and I never managed to get the Cup Car up to temp to really appreciate it. It's nerve-racking to know you have a £200k+ machine underneath you that a friend has let you take out on his insurance and only because you pulled up in an Audi RS6 (company paid) so he thinks you know your cars. I did have several track days and lots of karting behind me so I wasn't a total noob. The funniest thing about that Cup drive was they had taken the hinges out of the door and it was held on with this high strength nylon binding. I didn't fully understand it at the time but I did nearly drop it on the tarmac when opening it.

Raven80, Kelju_K, lagg and 1 other person like this.
  16. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

I made slight change to the zandvoort setup, as i got feedback that it's undriveable :eek:
    I lowered the rear left by 1 notch and and added fuel for 7 laps.
    Setup is updated in the download folder, so download it again from the same link. Or just do the same changes i mentioned above.
    Here's a video of quick 6laps race against 100% AI in Zandvoort:

If you have downloaded the setups, any feedback is welcomed. If you liked them, and you feel that they suit your driving style, feel free to ask a setup for a track;)

marmagas and prceurope like this.
  17. prceurope

prceurope Registered

Cool! You should add the setup links to your sig.

18. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

New setup for the p-cup car.
    Inspired by last weekends F1 race. Portugal
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rGRVmx22gIgrIriBAPz4_C6nB2DWjPp9/view?usp=sharing
    Track is old but gold, much less stress for GPU so i added more AI cars.
    In the video 6 laps quick race against 15 AI cars, strength 100%
    Track is slippery so i used the heavy realroad preset, (instead of my usual medium preset preference). Still feels and looks rather light, and thus pretty hard car-track combo :eek:
    Do not rev to redline on exits in turns 6 and the chicane with this setup, you get better exit if upshift little early. might be good practice on some others turns aswell.. Had to leave the rear slightly loose, cause the fixed gear ratio makes that last turn hard to launch out of with one progressive throttle opening. And as always with this car, timing downshifts is very important.
    The setup is made again so that it turns well on brakes all the way to halt. allows mistakes in braking, and changing line mid braking if need to evade cars in front or accidents.
    If you find this setup too hard to drive, my spa setup is also pretty good here, bit easier perhaps, but slower, and that last corner needs bit throttle blipping to hold good line out ;)

TJones, marmagas and prceurope like this.
  19. DJChrizz

DJChrizz Registered

Did the 911 cup Porsche change since 2019 ? The physics or someting ?
    I saw a video from 2019 on NOS 24H with the cup Porsche in 8:24.5 but I dont reach this time, I drive only only 8:31 now.
    Perhaps less grip on the road ? The car slides / drift very quick, much fun for shure and many work to do while driving.
    Or my setup is not good enough, my driving skills, shure :) can be better.
    What times do you have on the Nürburgring 24H (timing mod) ? I want to go quicker here a little

20. prceurope

prceurope Registered

This is a pretty nice video showing how similar the GT3 Cup is in rF2:

Now, if I could set up the car in rF2 to corner this well without spinning out, that would be great! :D