Laptops to run rFactor2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jubes, Mar 26, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Jubes

Jubes Registered

Hi, I was just wondering how much you have to spend on a laptop to run rFactor2? And not just the minimum specs..... One with recommended specs.
    Could anyone suggest a good gaming laptop?
    Thanks!

2. mechanic

mechanic Registered

For work I switched from a desktop to a laptop and I'm pleasantly surprised by the performance. It runs CAD and FEA software with no notable difference compared to a desktop.
    I think RF2 can run fine on a potent laptop.

Anybody here uses a i7 RTX2070 laptop for RF2? I want to buy one, as they seem reasonably priced. GPU prices are going crazy atm...

3. instinkt

instinkt Registered

rFactor works ok on 1650 mobile so on 2070 it gonna work without any problems for sure

4. mechanic

mechanic Registered

Thanks for the feedback! What FPS are you getting and which graphic settings do you use?

On an i5 with gtx940mx I get around 60fps with almost lowest settings and 10 AI. Runs fine, but a bit more eye candy is welcome.

5. instinkt

instinkt Registered

my friend using that 1650 mobile card with i5-9300h if I remember correctly
    he playing on settings around mid and has no problem at all in most circumstances
    he had some problems with stable fps at night races with big fields and on nordschleife

2070 mobile is 117% stronger on benchmark than 1650 mobile so there shouldn't be any problem at all on high with disabled post effects which only blurry image and maybe some useless things under rain conditions like road reflections

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  6. atomed

atomed Member

I do, and works perfect with the Index glasses.

7. DucMan888

DucMan888 Registered

Word of caution is heat. I essentially melted a graphics chip in a laptop running iRacing. Even a simple golf game gets the current laptop hot enough after 30 minutes I need to shut down with an RTX 2060

McKiernan and atomed like this.
  8. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Registered

Works well with my laptop if I use Throttle Stop and set NVidia FPS limit to 118. Otherwise, yeah, you can fry eggs on the top of the laptop. Specs are in signature below.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022