AI strength always going back to 100%

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by green serpent, Apr 25, 2021.

1. green serpent

green serpent Registered

Hi guys, sorry if this has already been discussed. When I change the ai strength it seems to almost always change back to 100% by itself. Before a session I will change it to example 105%, then during the race the ai will seem a bit slow, I exit the session and go back to the setting and it's at 100%. On the old UI I had it at 107% or so and it would just stay there for every mod unless I changed it myself.

Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Just to avoid it being a UI update issue rather than the actual setting, set it to extreme values that you can't possibly misinterpret (like 120) and see if it takes effect despite the UI showing 100.

3. mechanic

mechanic Registered

I have this issue too. AI strenght goes back to 90% in my case. Pretty annoying because prior to this issue I had some epic AI races..

4. green serpent

green serpent Registered

No luck. Also tried setting the AI to 120 and restarting the sim, still no good. I've taken a look in the player JSON file, I can see AI agression and a whole bunch of other parameters, but not AI strength.

5. green serpent

green serpent Registered

I found the line "CURNT AI Driver Strength":100".
    But when I change it to something else and open the sim, it changes back to 100.

6. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Another ui issue.

You have to modify the ai strengh IN DIFFICULTIES + IN SESSION TAB.

Awesome this UI lol

green serpent and Lazza like this.
  7. green serpent

green serpent Registered

Oh okay, so the session setup area i.e practise/qualifying/race?

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Looks like the session setup area, yeah. The settings -> difficulty doesn't change, but if you go into the race then come back out it'll match the session settings. So appears the session settings alone will work.

88mphTim and green serpent like this.
  9. Davy Jones

Davy Jones Registered

I think it might be a UI issue. The Difficulty screen integrates with the Session screen as they share values but if you change the shared values in one it may not be replicate to the other unless you restart the the game. Its a bug that I described in my recent user guide video which is on my channel. I would post the link here (I already did in General and Tech Support threads) but if I do someone may accuse me of spamming so I won't.. ;)

green serpent likes this.
  10. seamount

seamount Registered

Hi may you please explain me where is the "difficulty/AI streght" setting in the "session" ? in the "single player event" in the session settings there is the "difficulty" but not the "AI strenght" parameter .. I only found it in the "general menu" settings and when I restart the game it always goes back to 100% .... what can I do ?

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Session settings -> Opponents -> AI Strength

12. Tom Tabone

Tom Tabone Registered

Change it before you start any session.Once you go into a session you can change it but once you end the session it will go back to what it's set on in the options settings.Hit the little gear thing and go into difficulty and change it there.that will be your default setting that it will always start at.Then you can change it before you go on track if you want

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
  13. seamount

seamount Registered

I am sorry but I do not understand (I have a degree in economics but do not understand ...:()

well when I am in a race session, if I click (top right) on the setting icons and select difficulty.I have the following screen:
    [​IMG]
    but as you can see there are 2 parameters ... but not AI strenght ...
    please help me :confused:

as I am on that screen may I ask you two more infos:
    - what does "hold brakes" mean (I have the default values)
    - what does "hold clutch" mean (here again I still have the default values)
    A great thank you

14. seamount

seamount Registered

maybe at the end I found it .... is that screen right ?

[​IMG]

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yes. You can't adjust it after you start the race weekend. And don't adjust it in 'Settings' (the gear icon), because that won't stick.

Tom Tabone likes this.
  16. seamount

seamount Registered

but if I change the AI Strenght here, then I do have to change it for any session of any race or that value will be the new default for all the game if I do not change it any more ?
    I mean if I exit the game and restart it and create a new race/new track/cars etc, will I still have that new AI Strenght value or it will revert to default value (100%) ?

and, last question, please may you tell the the meaning of "hold brakes/clutch" that I asked three posts above ?

A great thank you for your help

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think the AI strength will stay what you set it, until you change it again in that same place. But you should be able to check that easily when you select a different event, or car/track. (just be sure to check it there, and not in settings)

Hold brakes/clutch is for the race start. Hold brakes will stop the car rolling (if you're on a slope) until you put the car in gear (at that point you need to apply the brake yourself, if the car wants to move). Clutch... I'm not sure on the exact meaning of that one. Someone will come along and answer that, I'm sure. I can't search for it right now, but I know it's been asked already.

18. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I've reported this as a possible UI bug with the setting not saving in a location it's offered for adjustment. Thanks.