Warping Backwards

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Ron Blackwell, Apr 24, 2021.

1. Ron Blackwell

Ron Blackwell Registered

I've had this problem for 3 months now and no matter what I do it won't go away. I upgraded to 1gb internet, had a Comcast tech here who updated all connections on the house and on the pole and installed a new modem. I also had a new motherboard and memory put in and the motherboard has a GB internet port. After reinstalling the game for the umpteenth time, my car still warps backwards. Where do I go from here?

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

It's probably your cpu, if you press ctrl+c, you'll see a little graph in the top right corner, if the purple bar goes all the way to the right, then you're going to have problems.

3. Ron Blackwell

Ron Blackwell Registered

It's the green bar that jumps to the right!

4. redapg

redapg Registered

@Ron Blackwell How did you set your Up- and Download Rates in rFactor?
    And do you maybe use a wireless Connection?

5. Ron Blackwell

Ron Blackwell Registered

What are they supposed to be?

6. redapg

redapg Registered

There is no recommended Value, as far as i know.
    By default they are still set to 256 Kb Up and Down, which is too low nowadays.
    I would suggest to try 2048 for both, just to see if that changes something.
    And your Connection, wired or wireless?

7. Ron Blackwell

Ron Blackwell Registered

Hard wired and I will try your settings.
    Pretty sure I have it set for 100gb down the 30gb up.

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

It could be you have set your connection TOO high. If the sim was designed 8 or 9 years ago, Gigabit connections were not even a dream. So the sim may be trying too hard to fill your pipe. Try this analogy.

A kitchen sink with a large drain that has a sink drain plug in place with about an inch or two of water in the sink & the faucet running full bore(adding more water). You remove the plug and the sink drains smoothly until the water is completely gone, then it has to wait as your faucet tries to fill the sink with enough water to max out the drain's capacity. From a huge flow of water(data) to a still fast flowing but well short of the previous flow of water from the faucet. Perhaps the sim was computing based on that large flow of data and then when you are unable to supply that much flow once the sink is drained, your system begins to predict/guess/randomize to fill in what it sees as missing pieces of data.

Try backing down to the network cable rate of 5Mps up and down. See if that improves things. If it does get better, then you can increase the numbers by steps til you see the lag/jumping back again. Then back down to the last good setting and you should be maximizing your systems capabilities.

9. Ron Blackwell

Ron Blackwell Registered

So 2048 and 2048 are the right settings?

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I think it may depend upon individual systems. However, there are Leagues like the VEC league that probably have the best handle on what settings are best for online racing. Hopefully a VEC member (or other online league participant)might see this, OR you could try joining their forum to see if advice is available there.
    @Jimmi Allison may be able to help.

11. Ron Blackwell

Ron Blackwell Registered

I do have a GB internet!

12. redapg

redapg Registered

As @davehenrie has said above, i also have seen People reporting Issues, with Rates that have been set too high in rFactor.
    And as also said above, try it with 2048 Kb or 5 Mb for Up and Down, just to try out if it changes something.