rF2 is a stutter fest

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by buddhatree, Apr 22, 2021.

1. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Recently upgraded my entire system to what you see in my sig and now rF2 is a massive stutter fest, especially in replays. Big huge stutters and pauses during gameplay and replay. I'm running the latest Release Candidate. Any help?

pety100 likes this.
  2. MASERASER

MASERASER Registered

Stop the race after a few seconds and restart. If the stuttering is still bad?
    Try to use cars that do not show any optical scratch or dent damage after a crash. E.g. Honda from the GT500 class. For me, the stutters are mainly related to this optical scratch-dent-damage model. I can hardly drive a race anymore, using the GTE/GT3 class, or just others with this damage model, that doesn't stutter violently and show significant bumps. It is frustrating. The replay still runs relatively well.

3. MASERASER

MASERASER Registered

I use the I9 10980XE, 32Gb 3600, RTX3090 latest Nividia driver 466.11. That runs quite clean. However, no VR only monitor operation 21:9,144Hz

4. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

To Buddhatree. Does the stutters go away if you reduce your CPU overclock? 5 GHz might to much for your 4.1 GHz CPU ? I'm only guessing, but worth trying.

5. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

Try this it may help.
    In the player json file, scroll down to the Game Options section and find the lines as below and set to true. This setting totally cured all my stuttering problems and I have never had any memory problems with 16gb of memory. I tried a lot of other suggestions on the forums to stop stuttering but this is the only thing that worked. This is my permanent setting, it's worth trying and if it doesn't work for you, it' easy to reset. Good luck.
    "Record To Memory":true,
    "Record To Memory#":"record replays to memory rather than disk (may possibly reduce stuttering, but at your own risk because memory usage will be significant for long races)",

6. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

Try the normal release version? I´m running that and don´t get any stutters using mid-tier hardware...

7. Thomas Siefert

Thomas Siefert Registered

I've tryed this but don't work, i'm in VR, have also try to lower all the setting, except player details and texture details, x8 anysotropic and all the rest to low or off, still doesn't work

8. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

think your stutter have something to do with your cpu. I have an old AMD cpu and when I have too many AI's (+25) its starts to stutter.

9. MASERASER

MASERASER Registered

@ThomasJohansen
    Which vehicles did you use for the tests? Please see above what problems I have described and what causes. I continue to suspect behind it! Clearly the optical damage model, vehicles without run much smoother. I am eagerly awaiting an update which will hopefully stop the stuttering.

10. MASERASER

MASERASER Registered

@Thomas Siefert, sorry to whom the previous message is actually directed.
    But it does not hurt perhaps if further persons consider in the direction with.