FFB by Car and by Track

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Nieubermesch, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

I wonder if it would be too difficult to set FFB configurations saved on a track basis, for each car. I believe some tracks need more or some less multiplier, so that would be interesting, as I've always found myself doing that kind of thing in sims.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

If they can write utils/apps that set your graphic settings outside of the game, you 'should' be able to write something that alters ffb. But that would only be a 1 time per loading of the sim. Having pre-set ffb seems to strike a memory, perhaps rF1 or GTR2 had ffb inside the car setup, but I don't think it's available in rF2.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@davehenrie perhaps you're remembering FFB strength as upgrade options? There's no direct setup option that will set FFB - though interestingly I believe rF2 would make that possible via Special instructions and perhaps something like the chassis adjustment (just to have something that won't affect anything else in the setup).

@Nieubermesch It's an interesting problem. The serious boys with their DD wheels can set and forget, because if a track has, say, high banked corners producing stronger wheel forces, then they simply get it and everything is peachy.

It's the plebs trying to maximise their weak wheel feedback who need (if they desire) to adjust their FFB with changing caster or conditions. Ideally given this most benefits the less extreme users who'll be less inclined to find and adjust all the finicky settings it would be best to have the game do some automatic adjustment and have the user able to select a global saturation level (essentially dictating how much clipping they want).

Per-track settings would be the lowest level option, would be a bit cumbersome, will lead to large/busy config files, and more potential confusion (another setting to break!).

Nieubermesch and davehenrie like this.
  4. Dave^

Dave^ Registered

The best thing we (plebs) can hope for is the ability to change the multiplier whilst driving, like you can in AC.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  5. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Yeah, DD wheels have that advantage too. I guess if you like lighter FFB the same can be done with a consumer wheel, but I try to maximize it all the time.

I guess just like dave said, one should be able to scale them on the fly. I know it can already be reseted, so it's certainly possible to implement a way to raise and lower as you wish as track implementation might be too much of hassle.