Competition System Blog | Week 14

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Hello sim racers!

The new Wednesday night tradition of Competition System blog discussion continues - week 14 is here for your late night reading pleasure!

Check out the latest and greatest here - https://tinyurl.com/d7f57at9

As per usual, please use the comments section below for all your points of discussion, and question submissions for next week!

Enjoy.

March-Update-1-1024x585.jpg

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    StuartAM, davehenrie and lagg like this.
  2. lagg

lagg Registered

Paul, i think that there is a typo

Paul Jeffrey likes this.
  3. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Indeed it was - thanks for the spot, now updated. Cheers

lagg likes this.
  4. Paul Stante

Paul Stante Registered

A simple question for the next blog - would it be possible to implement a national flag to display the competitors country of origin in the standings results.

Remco Majoor and pkelly like this.
  5. Stevy

Stevy Registered

A few blogs ago it was mentioned that the next big thing we will see are safety ratings.
    Now my questions would be:
    - How will the rating work and look like?
    - How will the player and their driving effect the rating?
    - How will the rating effect the player? (keyword: perhaps different safety levels)
    - Any ETA?

A quick question regarding content for the CS:
    With the release of the Tatuus cars we also saw the release of a few NZ tracks.
    They seem to be probely licensed, are done with real data and use the offical track names. But they are released by a 3PA like the Apline.
    Can they be used in the CS?
    This would obviously expand the choise of tracks and some of them (like Highlands) are also suited for bigger cars like GT3.

And:
    Will we be able to use custom skins in the CS?
    And if yes, when?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  6. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Knowing there were talks about having permanent hotlap leaderboards, a few questions in that direction.

- First off, is this still in the plans, and if yes, how far off is it?

The rest of the questions are made guessing you will say yes :p

- Secondly, do you see it being more like Trackmania (except for 2020) and the legendary Live For Speed, where the records stay forever and WR's will be saved (until the physics get updated of that car :D), or will it be more towards something like a weekly thing

- Thirdly, will it be possible that the CS can be integrated into the HUD, for seeing live standing for example, or to see the sector times for the WR's for example.

- Fourthly, would it be a fun idea that instead of having just hotlap combos, also to have time trials (for example multiple laps, or even as many that you need to lift and coast in the FE car for example), which would give different challenges than just exploit single lap physics to get that last 0.01 second.

- Fifthly, will there be a seperate hotlap/time trial rating?

7. Goncalo Costa

Goncalo Costa Registered

Will we get a setup sharing option? Let's be honest the default setups aren't always the best, so if some users could post their setups for everyone who wants to use a different setup but doesn't really understand how they work have one. Mayne they could even be sortable by the user's rank later on.

8. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Hello everyone,

Just a quick note that the next Competition System blog post will take place on Wednesday 28th April, and will now adopt a bi-weekly release schedule.

Please continue to use this thread for the submission of questions for the next post, and to discuss the most recent 'Week 14' release.

Many thanks,

Paul

yashiman, I_Bellett and lagg like this.
  9. Mankiewicz

Mankiewicz Registered

Hi, i'm wondering how hard it would be to achieve exiting the game with the same wheel degrees in my profile that i have before entering rf2. Let's say i have a a Thrustmaster profile with 900º . When i push exit in the rfactor2 menu it could load a 900º car profile and then exit to windows. Actually only AMS1 and rfactor2 keep altering the wheel degrees. Otherwise great job in general guys

10. instinkt

instinkt Registered

u can fix it by editing values in notepad
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index....wheel-rotation-not-working.61750/#post-968519

Mankiewicz likes this.
  11. Art_Pereira

Art_Pereira Registered

I am not sure if here is the right place to ask this, but are there plans to implement a way to add light to the car numbers at night in the case of the GT3/GTE/LMPx cars?

12. Alan.RJ.Smith92

Alan.RJ.Smith92 Registered

These ones aren't specific to any build but more something I feel has been missing for a long time in the game, though I might be part of a small minority wanting this.

Is it possible to add the driver model to the showroom, say standing in front of the car with say an option in the menu to enable/disable them? I am creating a full suite of custom textures including suits and helmets for cars but it is getting to be a pain to jump into a race to see the changes. It is also hard to see how everything fits together.

On that note, Is it also possible to get the templates for all the driver extras added to the "Templates" folder? I have been searching the web for a few days now trying to find a glove template for the 2013 driver model (as used in the isi civic NGTC) to no avail.

This one one is more pie in the sky, but could we get a standardised suit template for specific types of cars? Say for the GT and TC type cars, Classic cars, open wheel cars, etc all have one standard suit and helmet shared between them. That way you could make say an Indycar suit that will be transferable to an F1 or FR3.5 driver. This is definitely not a priority but it would be nice. Maybe have a standard driver animation rig with the option to choose a specific driver model in the config menu?

13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I agree whole-heartedly. The Sim needs more models!!!!
    [​IMG]

14. Alan.RJ.Smith92

Alan.RJ.Smith92 Registered

Hah! A classic F1 ferrari is sorely needed in the sim I agree ;) :D

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Not only not build specific, but not related to the competition system which is the theme here.

On the showroom, I imagine it should be possible to make a showroom with a driver as was done in some rF1 mods.

16. Julien Lemoine

Julien Lemoine Member

Would it be possible to do a 60 minute solo race on a Saturday for example? Something that is scheduled and advertised a few days before. For example the 60 min Spa race a weekend before the WEC round, etc...
    Or 2h24 of Le Mans in 13 June with GTE Class.

Logically, this should not require any extra work as it would be the same format as at present, qualifying a few days before and race on a specific date

atomed, Stevy and pkelly like this.
  17. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Single events could actually work very well. Soon the month of may is starting. Why not do an indy 500? Or for example an equivalent to the brickyard 400 when that is.

atomed likes this.
  18. Since you didn't get an answer on this on a blog this week, let me answer that - simply because this is something i have been thinking of doing.
    Weekly challenge - where its ONE race a week similar to what you are saying. So yes this is coming, but last "start of season" we had to focus on keeping a regular schedule to work on GTC.

19. juninho tilambucano

juninho tilambucano Registered

on what point of the CS development do you devs think we are? how much it developed since january? what points are the next priorities?

20. StuartAM

StuartAM Registered

Did I miss Wednesdays update?