Porsche 911 RSR 2.8L

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by hak, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Moe Faster

Moe Faster Registered

fun car in practice on SF, same issue on Race

2. Mauro

Mauro Registered

Mod fixed
    Thanks to DJCruicky and SR4L for update and fixes
    New version on workshop by Sdrenno
    you have to manual remove old version - i think you have to delete old version in rfactor2/installed/vehicles/ folder

The updates bring:-
    * New low polygon collision mesh with no holes. It has a bottom now too.
    * Fixed high CPU usage when driving with lots of AI cars where the game would go into slow motion. The fix was removing the collision flag from 2 very high polygon parts of the car that were not needed. No idea if this improves things online too.
    * Temporary removed paint work damage where you see scratches on the paint work after a crash. It has been reported on S397 forums people have been getting issues with cars that have this feature switched on.
    * The <Max><High><Med><Low> settings now work in graphics settings. You might get only a few frames per seconds more but I did try. With the old version, it made no difference what graphic setting you choose.
    * Working static under car shadow. Old version made cars look like they were floating when the car is driving in a shadowed area of the track.
    * Pitstop wait time is now about 10 to 15 seconds. The old version took 65 seconds which was a bit too long. Also I reduced the wait time to repair your car too.

DJC

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    bears, Dae Bennett, makan and 11 others like this.
  3. Raven80

Raven80 Registered

DJCruicky likes this.
  4. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

Good fix, running.
    Thanks for this excellent car.

5. Fergy

Fergy Registered

Great effort with this DJ. Thank again.

6. Simonk

Simonk Registered

Any plans to create other cars to race it against? BMW CSL, Ferrari Daytona, Ford Capri etc. Your RSR is stunning and RF2 really needs some historic tin tops.

vava74, Fergy, Arnaud Plume and 4 others like this.
  7. makan

makan Registered

This Car feels and drive amazing.
    You guys made a gem, can't wait to drive your next high quality mods.

Rogger and vava74 like this.
  8. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Since these ports are all OK and accepted by everyone, what about it getting decent physics ?

I made it a little bit of personal project to myself, building some good physics for my personal use. But perhaps I'd share if there would be any interest at all, most importantly including from mod maker/publisher.

I have used 911s chassis that I made for woochoos 1967 "not_911s". Improved it a bit. Same with the rest of physics, it is still bit like 911s, but a lot of differences. Different tires, different aerodynamics, and different engine, and differnet.. and different...

The mod car now as available on workshop has infamous "mismatching steering" issue, that only I seem to be talking about, because of limited driver animation - it completely ruins the experience. Used a workaround to fix it.

rF2 has most capable physics out of all sims, lets see if there is any interest there about utilising that.

Xzanman and Denis Betty like this.
  9. Simonk

Simonk Registered

I think this is a great idea! It’s a great looking model that could do with some love. Would be great if you could BoP it with the ODS HGT cars also so it’s got some cars to race against. I know BoP takes away some of the authenticity but it’s a compromise to make the car more usable. I’d be happy to assist with tuning the AI if you like (consider it an olive branch) I did the AI on the latest release of the HGT cars if you want to see my work. For the 911s physics, don’t forget the RSR is wider so should have suspension points set wider if you haven’t considered that already.

pkelly likes this.
  10. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

@Simonk Probably could add some setup options, or upgrades. Have to try those cars myself yet, I see there already is 911 RSR 3.0L. I've read that a lot of 2.8 became 3.0 anyway, so wouldn't be very inacurate to add some stuff as upgrades maybe. There sure is a lot differences for RSR comparing to 911s. But even the differences aside I also find some fundamental details to improve, which might also benefit 911s eventually, for example rear trailing arms geometry, which is a bit on the difficult side to solve.

First of all, Sderenno has to appear and agree to do this.

Denis Betty, philrob and Corgan like this.
  11. graphicaluserinterface

graphicaluserinterface Registered

So...

You've posted in this topic before but did nothing. You dug a nearly 2 year topic again to speak ill of it, having never contacted either Sderenno or DJCruicky in private about it these past few years, and also stated you've actually not driven the car? Because that's what you wrote in these two posts here.

12. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Dear friend,

Let me answer in short. In past two years I have been away since I couldn't do much. I had some fundamental issues with modding in rF2 that I needed more help to solve. Surprisingly, by the end of this summer one guy came up with a single very beautiful and uplifting message that inspired me so much, and moved me so strongly that I did in fact solve pretty much all issues that was stopping me, maybe 2023 was smarter year than 2021.

Ever since then I was pretty much working on physics almost every single day. That includes 1967 and 1954 cars packs, and some more cars, that I can't speak about, as well as this Porsche. I worked on 1967 Porsche 911s physics for Woochoos 1967 pack, and built quite a bit of base of that car so for me it makes sense to extend the work in this direction. Maybe even RUF Yellowbird if there is ever any interest. PS I've been doing 1967 GT cars 3D models on a base of Dissenter for past week, and did some physics improvements.

I had this RSR in my mind for years, I knew if I can get 60s 911 to decent state then I can expand to several other 911 models, you can see posts here from the past, and also you can see Sderenno transparent and honest post that states physics would be welcomed - how come nobody did them, I'll never understand. I understand though making these classic Porsches is on a challenging side. Sadly, you can always just bolt on entirely non authentic physics, and "everybody" seems to have their needs fulfilled. If you couldn't tell by now, I don't have as much as a problem of developers underdelivering in physics, but people raving about how great they are at those states. So yeah, then why would you put in the work and put yourself in vulnerable position of sharing it when you care. To be disrespected when there turns out to be less downforce, CG is higher, and actual rearwards biased mass characteristics kicks in ?

Sderenno was contacted, by the way.

I have driven the car. It drives nothing like it should. Plus it has this steering rotation issue caused by limited driving animation. I said I haven't driven ODS cars, to be more exact RSR 3.0L, this one is 2.8L I have driven it, I have remodeled its physics.

So should I apologize you for doing "nothing" since 2021 March to 2023 September, after desperately trying to seek for help and trying to push through halting issues. Or I should apologize myself for completely overworking myself and spending crazy time on developing for rF2 in past five months, and for what ? Do you understand me ?

pkelly, ThomasJohansen and Superdevil like this.
  13. Arnaud Plume

Arnaud Plume Registered

"ODS one" (RSR 3L) isn't exactly from ODS but from ISR, physics are nearly untouched from ISR. I don't know exactly where the physics came from initialy but I suspect physics came from the big historic rf1 mod, there are some hints in some files...

mantasisg likes this.
  14. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Let me guess, it has "real feel ffb" in upgrades :)

15. Arnaud Plume

Arnaud Plume Registered

Nope, you can find something like "Created with TREX 0.9.5 ... Getting there ... By Niels H."