Interior mirror cam off.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Week, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Week

Week Registered

Hi.
    Yesterday I was setting the mirrors and I don't know how, but I turned off the interior mirror cam in the Ferrari GTE. How can I turn it on again?
    Thanks.

2. lagg

lagg Registered

You can cycle betwen the different modes of the mirrors with one of the numbers above the letters of the keyboard (not the keynums). I think that is the 3, but i'm not at home.

redapg and davehenrie like this.
  3. Week

Week Registered

I've tried It and It doesn't work. Using it I can cicle the mirror mode, but camera mirror doesn't turn on at all.

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

could that be part of the the car detail settings? the F488 GTE is very demanding graphically, if you turned down car detail for fps, then you "may" have disabled the in-car camera.

lagg likes this.
  5. Week

Week Registered

Nop. I have almost everything turned max. It was setting the mirrors position, I just turned off accidentally and I don't know how to turn it on again :(

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

In case it's something mirror-position related breaking it, you could open player\all_vehicles.ini and find that car and reset the mirror settings to standard (I'm sure you'll find some other cars in there with the default to copy from).

7. Week

Week Registered

I've just checked it, and all the values are the same. :oops:
    There must to be a command to toggle on and off this mirror. The problem is that I can't find it xD

8. redapg

redapg Registered

I, like @lagg has said already, would also say that you have set it "off" with the Number 3 Key that is above of the Letters W and E, if you didn't assign another Key for it.
    Does it look dark grey now?
    There is one Setting in the Settings Cycle that switches it off.
    Cycle through all Settings and you'll see it.

9. Week

Week Registered

I've tried it many times and no way. Virtual mirrors appear and disappear, and also side mirrors shut off and on, but the central camera mirror is always off. In other cars I have no problem, and the central mirror works fine. It's just with the Ferrari GTE.

10. redapg

redapg Registered

Ah, OK, that it works for the left and right Mirror is a useful Info.
    Even it's a bit strange, because the "Camera" Monitor Mirror normally is also just a Mirror, like the both other Mirrors.
    Is the Camera Mirror dark grey or how does it look like (Screenshot)?

lagg likes this.
  11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

THIS IS WILDLY OUT IN LEFT FIELD. Could you have, perhaps, aimed the rear camera mirror down at the ground? drive somewhere where you can see grass and then asphalt. and drive out into the grassy area, then the pavement.. I dunno!

12. Week

Week Registered

I've tried it, it isn't the problem. I even have reflections on the camera screen, it's very strange. With other cars I have not this problem, it's only with Ferrari GTE since I was setting the mirrors... It must to be some key or key combination to toggle it on and off.

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If you managed to somehow disable the 'monitor' mirrors, it would happen in all cars. If you broke it when 'setting the mirrors' those settings that broke it should be in the all_vehicles.ini I talked about earlier. Maybe delete the entire entry for that car? (and are you sure you found the correct car in there?)

14. Week

Week Registered

You were absolutly right. I've checked again the file and the problem was there. My fault was to just look at the first "ferrari GTE", I didn't realized there were more than one...

Problem solved, thanks a lot!

Lazza and davehenrie like this.