[REL] V1.1 RELEASED! Formula NA 2018 by Virtual Racing Cars [VRC]

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Ferrari64, Jan 8, 2021.

1. jymp

jymp Registered

I agree, lighting is off on these cars, chrome wheels are too dark, not reflecting correctly, and as said cars are very dark as seen from sides, screen above shows it.

2. Ferrari64

Ferrari64 Registered

Hello everyone. Thank you so much for your feedback. We will revisit the Formula NA 2018 for an update soon. We are missing a lot of documentation of the new shaders in rF2 so we are struggling to meet the quality standards of Studio 397 cars. Since this is our first release, we keep improving and learning. Hopefully fututre updates live up to your and our expectations.

3. Matt21

Matt21 Registered

thanks for this version VRC
    do you plan the new 2020 version with aeroscreen + halo ?

4. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

makan, Schumi and hallenstein like this.
  5. Schumi

Schumi Registered

@Ferrari64 any news about Formula NA - 2021 for rF2?

haunetal1990 likes this.
  6. Andreas Schmich

Andreas Schmich Registered

Hello, when i want to make a server with monza, i always get the error " error loading mesh file Panorama.gmt to memory " how can i fix this??? I Subscribed and desubscribed already 5 times

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

You may have had a mod that shared cars with the Bathurst track. Since some part of that mod is missing, it might be the cause of that error. Use Mod Manager or the packages screens to see if any of the Formula cars are connected to other tracks.

atomed likes this.
  8. Fred Bassett

Fred Bassett Registered

Hello there.
    Just purchased the Formula NA 2018 for RF2. Never installed cars into RF2 before unless from Steam Workshop where they just appear in the game. Not sure what to do. I read the official "how to download" but the 'how to" bit seems to stop at when you click download. I have the file in my downloads. What do I do now please? Yeah I know... basic question

9. makan

makan Registered

atomed and Fred Bassett like this.
  10. Fred Bassett

Fred Bassett Registered

Thanks for that! Really appreciate it

makan likes this.
  11. David Short

David Short Registered

Hi @Ferrari64 just wanted to give this thread a bump as its been about 5 months. Love the car and the driving experience, however personally I rarely use it as it is the only car in rF2 that I struggle with performance and low fps even when lowering all GFX settings. One thing I did notice in my quest for better performance was that when I turned off the side rearview mirrors the fps went right to 80 fps(which is the max I can get with Rift S). Obviously turning off the mirrors isn't an option but noticed that mirrors are quite big and render in great quality in comparison to other cars in rF2 even official DLC cars mirrors don't look as good. Maybe there is some settings or tricks used to optimize mirrors for better performance? I recently delete/uninstall NVIDIA GeForce Experience and that helped a bit for fps. Hopefully there is still plans for a graphical and optimization update that would truly make this mod outstanding.

On a selfish side note it sure would be great if one of the talented painter/skinners in the modding community could make a 2018 Indycar skin pack, that could also potentially solve some of the graphical and performance issues. Here's hoping;).

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
    Eric Rowland and atomed like this.
  12. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

any news about an update or a new car ?
    It's nice to have some good car, I like the quality.

13. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

I would love to see more of the VRC content to make its way to rF2. This mod was amazing. The 2020-2021 Indycar should be able to take a lot of base info from this conversion. IMO, the hard part, the physics, is 95% complete.

But seeing pretty much all of the rest of their content make its way to rF2 would be great. Weather it be the Formula NA 1999, the 2000s LMP1, IMSA GTO, etc. Would be well worth the purchase if it comes close to this mods quality.

I really hope that this was not a one and done.

makan likes this.
  14. vava74

vava74 Registered

Chris, don't you feel that the Formula NA has too much grip/downforce and demands very little throttle control?
    With this I am not saying that it does not require precision to be super fast, but I felt it difficult to crash with it :-D
    Personally I find it well below your Panoz (and the Lola) from a simulation perspective.
    I know it's a much more modern car, but my impression of modern Indycar is that they are still very much old school and not that far detached from the ChampCar era.

atomed likes this.
  15. jepeto

jepeto Registered

i have bought but i don t know how from the forum have done the same way ?

16. makan

makan Registered