Server key invalidation logic

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by guenther, Apr 9, 2021.

1. guenther

guenther Registered

Hello, can someone tell the logic behind the server key invalidation? Just that nobody get's me wrong, this is not about cracking and similar shit. I'm just asking as my server keys gets invalidated quite frequently and I don't know why.

Is the validity of the ServerKeys.bin related to a folder structure (as I frequently wipe the server folders)?

Thanks!

Greetings,
    Günther

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Just to cover all bases, whenever there's an update to the DLC you'll need to update the serverkeys.bin in order for that content (at least... ?) to work. Is it possible it's just content updates that are invalidating it?

3. guenther

guenther Registered

sounds plausible, but I still have the feeling the keys even invalidate when the content does not gets an update

4. guenther

guenther Registered

no...no. Just no.

I don't think it's related to purchases, as I did not bought anything in months. I think more it may related to files and their copy/create dates.

5. guenther

guenther Registered

I already spend a lot of time reading that threads. I would not ask if it would be listed there

6. guenther

guenther Registered

It was quite some time ago when somebody came with a RTFM..

7. guenther

guenther Registered

I spent the last three years with researching, analysing and automating the server. I think I still have not seen everything, but I think that some topics (such as these) is not a thing to be answered in three pinned threads