No car pictures in menus (New User)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RusRob, Apr 9, 2021.

1. RusRob

RusRob Registered

I just purchased a new Windows machine (Linux User) just to play games and rFactor was my main reason for this purchase.

I use to edit rF1 so I am quite familiar with that and really want to like rF2.... but.

These new menus are wierd. I am trying to get use to them so there might come a time that I could like them... maybe.

But the issue I am having is that I have no clue what cars I am choosing because most of them are the "covered" car... whats with that? The only way I can tell what car it is is to go race it.

Is there something messed up with my install or is this how they "designed" it?

The other issue I have is when I go from menu to menu I get this blank white screen that just sits there for a while before it actually switches.

My system specs should be sufficent, out on track I am getting 150 or so FPS

My spec's are

Intel i7 380GHz
    16GB RAM
    GeForce 2070 RTX
    Viewsonic 27" Viewsonic Elite running at 240Hz
    Logitech G25 Wheel

Thanks for any help you can give.

Bob

2. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

Click on customise which takes you to the showroom to see to see the skin you have selected. The reason your seeing the cars covered is because no icons have been created for that car you have selected, try another car and you should see icons for the skin. All S397 cars should have icons. I don't suffer with the white screen hanging so unable to help. Try to eliminate as much windows crap running in the background as possible this may help with the white screen. Hope this is may be helpful.

3. RusRob

RusRob Registered

Funny thing.. When I first installed rF I was sure I could see the cars. But for the last 3 days all the cars "have been" covered. Even S397 cars were covered so it was no fun.

Fired up rF just a bit ago and it said it installed an update, Now I can see the cars. :)

Now this white screen :( It doesn't happen all the time but I have had it hang up for 20 seconds, to the point I had to kill it in task manager (couple of times now).

Bob

4. Strava

Strava Registered

20 Seconds? ummm, there are lots of things rF does that take more than 20 seconds. Like installing updates and saving replays.
    Don't pull the trigger so quick :-0

If the delay happens when exiting a track it's saving the replay.
    Try turning save replays off and see if that helps.
    Also check the compression setting.
    The high compression setting for replays makes the save take longer.
    But it's worth it if you need to save disk space.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The latest release candidate (RC) should help a lot with the white screen freezes, you can choose that from the rF2 Properties -> Betas tab in Steam. Should be fully compatible with all content and online, so no reason not to try it. ~70MB download to switch between it and the normal ("None") option.

The RC will probably be switched to the standard soon.

6. RusRob

RusRob Registered

@Strava, This has been happening even when switching cars.

@Lazza, I will give that a try, Just finished a bunch of laps at Spa with the Lotus :):):)

Hopefully that will do the trick on those blank screens.

Thanks for all the help guys,
    Bob