Competition System Blog | Week 12

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

I have also noticed this, but I think it has something to do with the number of races (which has been significantly increased) and the number of simultaneous races. More time slots also means higher fragmentation. In addition, I now need the content for some series, which was not the case before with the Tatuus series, for example. But I hope that the number will increase significantly, I was in the last race with 2 participants and today with 4, which is not so funny.....

Diego Barjollo likes this.
  2. Diego Barjollo

Diego Barjollo Registered

I know streamers with a good viewer base who would love to run more frequently so they can dedicate their streams to running race after race at CS. (I also want to have one race after another!). That would be a good showcase and publicity to gain users, so guys please add races more often! Every hour would be good to start ...

instinkt likes this.
  3. Guillem Rego

Guillem Rego Registered

Could you add an option to download the server's replay for each race we do? For performance I prefer not to record replays

4. Comante

Comante Registered

There are several different competitions going on currently, some fragmentation is natural, and upon this , low powered single seaters seems to not be amongst the favourite cars around.

5. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Hello folks,

Hope all are doing well and the weather is as nice wherever you are as it is in the good old North of England this afternoon :)

Just a quick note that we have elected to postpone the Competition System Blog for this week, being as today is also Roadmap day. Business as usual will return next Wednesday. For the time being, please continue to use this thread to submit your questions and they will be added to these existing submissions for review and response next week.

Many thanks,

yashiman and lagg like this.
  6. jonathon.bisset

jonathon.bisset Registered

as of today i haven't been able to join any Competition sessions. Register 3-4 minutes ahead, count down, message "too late" (not unusual) but 5mins later still doesn't load session. Bit gutted as in one session I missed there was 8 racers joined - I haven't seen that many for a while

7. juninho tilambucano

juninho tilambucano Registered

can we expect the full release in 2021?

relay races (like multiple drivers endurance) already has been tested?

can we expect longer races (+1hr) anytime soon?

when multi sessions events (like gtc) will be fully implemented?

please make a FE series

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

several competitors have mentioned log-in difficulties. They register, show up on time but when the countdown reaches zero, they are left at the UI with no explanation other than a time out error message.

Yannick2X likes this.
  9. Adrian Blasco

Adrian Blasco Registered

we will one day see the safety car updated with another model such as porsche, aston martin or bmw and change the old corvette, put it with exterior lighting as in real life, plus make it workable, safe and reliable, which will act well at the time to go out? It would be interesting for races like lemans or endurance.

10. Yannick2X

Yannick2X Registered

I confirm this issue. The last message is "too late". issues on sessions R8 R9 R10 for the serie LMP2 March 2021 on Atlanta track.https://forum.studio-397.com/index....ck-on-too-late-when-i-join-the-session.69334/

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
  11. Lethal

Lethal Registered

The game still having problems in FBB entering the track, the FFB gets heavy and out of the configuration I chose, PLS BUG FIX!
    I'm stopping playing rFactor 2, every time I get on the track my steering wheel gets extremely heavy and I have to keep getting in and out of the track to get back to normal several times.
    (Logitech G27)

12. Guillem Rego

Guillem Rego Registered

Please make a competition with MP4/13 in Spa, Azure, Silverstone, Nurburgring and Imola

13. Adrian Blasco

Adrian Blasco Registered

The last c8 car already comes with interior lighting on the buttons and more, the lieger also has the button box on the left illuminated, but all the other cars look all black that you barely see the car inside when you see it all dark without light details ... will we have interior light in cars like lmp, gte, gt3?

Also a flashing button would be fine, now to make flashes you have to go through automatic, on, off, that is, 3 keystrokes and you cannot make flashes as before ... that's why a button programmed to do the on off on off alone about 4 times it would be his thing. do not believe?

14. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

In the LMP Competition, I have now driven a few races with very few competitors. Do you plan to provide the number of available sessions according to the total number of participants? I think if there are 100 or 500 people registered for a competition, the total number of sessions should vary so that the probability of the available sessions being well attended increases.

15. bander

bander Registered

It could be seen who are registered for races without entering the server yet. Thank you