Rfactor 2 skill based ranked online racing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pyney, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Pyney

Pyney Registered

Hi all , now that we have the online competition system up and running when do you think it will be similar to iRacing ? what I mean by this is , racing every hour and more importantly the racing to be based on drivers skill level so we have competitive ranked based racing, nothing worse than racing against drivers that are very fast or very slow this isn't much fun it has to be racing against similar skill levels.
    So do you think this may happen within a year ? or are we 3 to 5 years away what's your thoughts

2. Comante

Comante Registered

This is achievable only when the player base is large enough. For sure RF2 hasn't the numbers of Iracing players, so...
    But I don't agree too much with your perspective: I don't mind being a mid field player, and have been a back field player for long long time, so , sharing the track with fast drivers is inspiring and let you see how much you have to go to reach the top. And in all honesty, waiting for some of them to DNF to gain some juicy position maybe is a sin, but is a sin I enjoy :D. The important thing is that there are few drivers in the same league so they can battle for their positions, just like it happen in the real world : very few race series have an even playng field where people have roughly the same chances to win, but despite this, people want a seat to be part of it.

3. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

The cs already kind of groups drivers by skill, but yeah, there's not enough players to really have a full grid of people that drive within a tenth of each other yet.
    Otherwise, the system is expected to be in beta for around a year, but even after that, hourly races per series won't be possible if there aren't enough players.

4. Love Guitars n Cars

Love Guitars n Cars Registered

Need lots of people entering a race to make that work. Even in iRacing it depends on the series, time of day, day of week before you get even most people in the server who are close in skill.

So IMO, it will never happen.