Latest Roadmap Update - March 2021

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Mar 31, 2021.

1. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Awesome, this will now be the hot topic for upcoming six months or more. Very interesting. While improved anything from AI and transmission/drivetrain or rain and other hard stuff, would be worth of 10 tracks each, or 20 Formula E tracks.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yes, because what people talk about exactly equates to what gets worked on. And people will only talk about this until it's released. Except you just didn't.

3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I am anticipating perceiving shift of how development goes due to transfer to Motorsports Games. Hopefully a positive shift in every way. I wonder how soon it will be felt. Thats wishful thinking, perhaps nothing will change at all, anything can happen... With news like that in background it is highly difficult to focus on content. Guessing what track it could be for months would be silly, would ultimately shut down any braincells that are left still functioning :D

P.S. Is it worth to shift to new UI already ? I mean, if I mainly use single player. I suppose for multiplayer it would really be a score, but due to some circumstances I don't see myself free enough for online racing for at least several months. I am afraid that if I switch to new UI I'll start generating feedback... I don't want to give any more feedback to anybody about anything anymore lol

4. FrC

FrC Registered

Hello
    Thanks for the roadmap
    When I read this :
    Busy Scanning Tarmac -> Very good news!! but, I imagined a new track pack, not only one new track, :p
    Giving Some Love to Older Content -> Oh my god, please don't forget, renault Clio, Megane, FR3.5, Honda Civic and Historic F3 :)
    Thanks ;)

Balazs Magyar and Dady Cairo like this.
  5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Thanks for update
    I’ll buy that new track when ever released

be nice to see the historic cars receive updates to current standard , cheers

Dady Cairo likes this.
  6. RNeves

RNeves Registered

I would guess that the diff has no adjustments because the car has a transaxle gearbox, and in these types of gearboxes, the diff is inside the gearbox casing, being impossible to adjust without dismantling it.
    Just like it hapens on fwd cars.

7. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Gotta say there was an awful lot of padding in that Roadmap. Also, very little of it was forward-looking.

Redoing the USF2000 makes little sense to me. The Tatuus is the modern replacement for it, any improvements should be aimed at that. Can't disagree with PBR for Lime Rock, it'll probably need texture updates as well. Can we assume NOLA, Mores, AtlantaMP will get fully updated? How about Portugal, Sepang as older ISI content?

Only one future scanned track? Have to say this is completely inadequate. There have to be many tracks you can buy scans already done by a 3rd party. The rate of production of regular road courses needs to be at least one per quarter, if not 2 (and I'd let you off if one of those was an F-E type track). If we look to ELMS, we've only got 2 of the 2020 schedule; we lack Monza, Barcelona, Paul Ricard and Portimao. The iRacing most popular European tracks (admittedly, many US drivers, so might not represent what drivers here would prefer) is Monza, Imola (3rd party non LS), LeMans#, Silverstone#, Brands Hatch, Barcelona, Nurbs#, Donington, Zandvoort#. But they also currently lack many non-UK tracks like Assen, Red Bull Ring+, Hungaroring+, Mugello etc. so there's an opening here, for a short time in some cases since licenses already signed; plenty to choose from here that would be highly appropriate.

It may be too early, but we need to know a lot more about the plans of Motorsports Games, with respect to both the Competition Systems and development of the sim code, and also for what content they are going to allow or prioritize for rF2 over their other titles, especially given the overlap with the LeMans announcements/separate game title which is especially critical. Frankly, should MG not commit to continued rollout of tracks and cars for LeMans type endurance racing for rF2, you can basically stick a fork in anyone sticking with rF2. We need an interview with Stephen Hood, new boss, pronto.

8. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Then definately stay with the old UI. I recently was forced to use new UI because of multiplayer and it sustained most of annoyances etc. of old UI added some more plus it’s definitely even less intuitive . Only positive is that it now has modern looks, but even in that aspect it’s average at best.
    TL;DR It’s counterintuitive, slow and less functional, but looks modern

Juergen-BY likes this.