Strange feeling

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StuartAM, Mar 23, 2021.

1. StuartAM

StuartAM Registered

Strange title strange issue I think...
    So I’ve not been on Rfactor 2 for a week or three till today, I was going to do a gt3 race with my Aston Martin but as soon as I hit the track in practice things just didn’t feel right, the car felt like the front and the rear weren’t connected or connected with jelly... I checked my settings restarted my computer, turned off my wheel and back on again and it was the same.

is it me loosing the feel or is it rfactor playing up? Any suggestions?

Stu

2. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

First thing I'd suggest would be to pay attention if your real steering matches to in game steering. Then also check if you don't have some bad input lag. And then also give some time to get used to stuff, try the stuff different days. I know from experience that different days, different moods, different health from day to day has an effect on how things feel. I also know that getting hard used to something in simracing is a real issue, you must be flexible, you have to be able to get used to different simulations, different cars instead of getting hard used to some particular one thing.

pkelly and DJCruicky like this.
  3. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

stiffen up the suspension?

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Check that top row of keys and make sure you don't have any helps enabled. I had steering assist on for a month before I thought to look at the helps. Couldn't figure what went wrong with my gear. Next, there was an update for GT3, that may have fallen within the time frame you were 'away'. Also try some other cars, See if those feel alright vs what you are getting from the Aston. (avoid the Merc, just because it's different and will skew your test)

mantasisg likes this.
  5. StuartAM

StuartAM Registered

Thanks guys

I did check a few things on my wheel, and I did check the steering aid (it was my first thought)
    Using the setup I’d been working on I was about 1.5 seconds off my previous best but i set that after practicing for a few days

maybe it’s just me...

I’ll give it another go tomorrow
    Thanks again

Stu

davehenrie likes this.
  6. StuartAM

StuartAM Registered

So I still can’t get it to feel like it did
    I’ve done a reinstall, played with the settings in fanalab and in game still no better

7. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

Be careful you haven't accidentally turned on steering assist. Done that one a few times myself until I learnt to unbind them. :oops:

8. StuartAM

StuartAM Registered

9. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I just wonder whats the feeling of a racecar car that has front connected with rear with a jelly :D