CS-closed GT Challenge Season 3

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Feb 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Vacca

Chris Vacca Registered

yeah i sort of did the same on the first race, came into the CS from another race and at the start i've treated it as a standing start....when i realised "shoot totally forgot it was a rolling" it was to late tho.... did not cause any trouble to anyone fortunately and rolled back to my position .....but the fact remains! oh and of course i did read the rule etc...i just had my head up my butt at the moment so i expect i'll be punished for that....

2. SPA briefing

Qualifying: Private, otherwise nothing specific, you may use escape
    Race: For both races there will be a FORMATION LAP without pacecar, but controlled by game.
    Once the game calls GREEN GREEN GREEN - all drivers may begin the race, there will be not penalties added for drivers overtaking before the S/F line.
    The entire track will be an orange zone during the formation lap and lap 1.
    Drivers must complete an in-lap before escaping unless told otherwise by race control.
    Drivers STAY on the server from the practice session ahead of qualification for race 1 until the end of race 2. Drivers should not expect to be able to continue participating in this event if they leave mid-event.
    The race 2 grid will be decided by a top 10 reverse grid from the race 1 results.

Disclaimer
    In the case that lag, a disconnection, or a major game bug affects your race, we cannot adjust the finishing positions post-race or restart the race
    Restarts will only take place in the event of a major server issue which affects the majority of the grid.

Please note that timing stays the same, however most of Europe (including us) have moved into CEST

3. Alex Heinonen

Alex Heinonen Registered

So we are in pit limiter until GREEN GREEN GREEN gets called?

"Controlled by the game" I assume it means that there is going to be some form of text overlay or lights?

4. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

It'll be the in-game rolling start, but without the SC

5. Exactly this

6. Important update - posted on servers, discord and announced on TS

We have to revert back to the "old" start procedure
    Leader /pole sitter please do a manual formation lap at 120kmh.

7. Adrian Blasco

Adrian Blasco Registered

Hi @Jimmi Allison , now that we have two races, those of us who did not have skin for not entering division 3 now that we are inside, in my case I see that I am in position 60 and I imagine it is Division 2, can I put a skin on the car? Thank you.

8. No - top 90 had liveries in, rest did not get it. Sorry
    We have to assign liveries in the cs code and that is not something we can do everytime someone wants a livery. So as per rules posted before the season we will unfortuantly keep the top 90 with liveries.

Adrian Blasco likes this.
  9. Alex Heinonen

Alex Heinonen Registered

Yeah was just wondering what that looks like, had never seen it before. But we are reverting back to the old way of starting, so it's cool.

10. No we are not :) only for that round, it will be in next race. In game will tell you all you need to know. Basically try it offline with pacecar. There will be a display telling you who to follow etc.

Alex Heinonen likes this.
  11. Alex Koenig

Alex Koenig Registered

Hello, which is just annoying when you prepare for something, take time, look forward to it, register punctually for the second to read that too late at the end .... That's really bad. i want to uninstall the sim immediately, because nothing is going on in normal multiplayer. competition zero

12. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Then I really suggest to leave it for now, since the comp system is obviously still in beta. Stuff like this happens from time to time in a beta. There are always normal leagues (which is where the player base is), but if you don't want that, don't expect a beta to work properly all the time

13. Joseph vaccaro

Joseph vaccaro Registered

could u please help me ive been trying to pre qaulify for the GT CHALLANGE 3SEASON I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW THEY ARE ABLE TO Post times.it says monday nights but nothing happened so this is very frustrating.i bought this game for competeing an i cant can u help me plese

14. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

pre-w has been done already. The pre-q is a bit before the new season starts

15. Joseph vaccaro

Joseph vaccaro Registered

YOU SAID IT STARTED 15 MINUNTS AGO IT SAYS NO ACTIVE SESIONS

16. WHO said that?
    However anyone can join, but they wont be able to race the highest splits until they are moved up by the rules.

17. Christian Michel

Christian Michel Registered

Did i understand that right at some point during the Silverstone weekend, that the GTP Bop won't be used in GTC as the mod can't be updated/changed?

18. Luis Felipe Capamadjian

Luis Felipe Capamadjian Registered

There will be no BOP for GTC

19. CCY0475

CCY0475 Registered

Quick question : how to unsuscribe / un-sign up ? it says the mod is suscribed from workshop, but can't find it.
    Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.