rfactor 2 with Reverb G2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTClub_wajdi, Dec 3, 2020.

1. glyn jones

glyn jones Registered

Try editing "Garage detail" in your Player.json should help you with stutters passing the pits
    "Garage Detail":0.01,
    "Garage Detail#":"LOD multiplier when vehicle is in garage (0.01-1.00)",

Kelju_K likes this.
  2. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

great advice!!!!!! thanks!!! will definately try that.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
  3. Raatha

Raatha Registered

FYI, this is not an rF2 issue. The same issue has been reported for many other titles, and I have similar issues in ACC. It's an issue for NVIDIA 3000 series cards and WDDM 2.7. The people who are hit most are those running AMD X570 mobos. This issue has been acknowledged by Nvidia, albeit 3 months ago when it was reported. You can read all about it here: https://uploadvr.com/rtx-frame-drops-vr-nvidia/ and here: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...-index-missing-dropped-frames-since-nvidia-d/

This applies to both the Valve Index and HP Reverb G2 mostly.

This fella on reddit mentions workarounds to try that may or may not help your problem: https://www.reddit.com/r/HPReverb/c...2_weeks_of_problem_solving_i_now_love_the_g2/

I do know that after doing all the work arounds for my G2/3080/AMD combo, some of my VR games perform better, but my racing sims are performing the worst of all of them. Best of luck until NVIDIA gets their shit together and fixes it.

4. Maarten Nauta

Maarten Nauta Registered

I got at G2 + 3080 and it plays fairly well at around 85SS. The most annoying i find is that the sweetspot is fairly small when you tilt your head up and down. I tend to tilt my head a little bit backwards involuntary in difficult sections and then the apex/track becomes blurry very quickly. My suspicion is that valve index might have been better choice with 3080 because there are few games where you can run G2 at 100SS.

5. DJChrizz

DJChrizz Registered

Ok, sound all nice here guys but ... need a little help. I'm computer freak so firm with many things but I got my FIRST VR Glass since yesterday, only one evening before testing VR the first time in my live. I was FLASHHHED and order my first Glass HP Reverb G2.
    Yesterday it arrived.
    Installing, no prob. You need Steam VR right? I installed this.
    The Windows mixed reallity works too fine.
    Then I test rFactor2 settings - enable VR but it didn't start. Not working.
    Don't know why ? I'm absolut new in VR gaming, perhaps you can give me some tips here ....
    Thanks
    ChriZZ

6. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Try non VR first - and I never start SteamVR first - Start G2 (using WMR tray tool here)Just start RF Graphix config. Then start RF2 in HMD only mode and steamvr should start and then RF2 should start - could take a while....

7. Binny

Binny Guest

All i want to know is if s397 are doing improvements and fixes to VR and when will they be released. yes most things are fine but could always do with some improvements, does anyone have any idea when the last improvement's and fixes were done ?

8. DJChrizz

DJChrizz Registered

Ok, yesterday I test it after Installing. First I closed the windows mixed reallity, that was the fault. rFactor was starting in my G2.
    First time ... OH my god !
    this driving experiance and feeling is something new and special. IN the car, I set the seat position on 0 - 0 so I'm in the car correct.
    VR reset / key is good to before start for a good sit position and than ..... on the track I drive some days now for a fun race, Road America GP with the Ferrari 488 GTE.
    wooooow. Damn this is unbeleavable (Ok I'm new in VR) :) I drove my 2:04 time and then a 2:03 Lap the first time. I can see better the track and curves. A little better to estimate the breakpoints.
    This is a gamefeeling never seen before with a VR glass.

I reduced some visual settings, in Steam the video is on 100%
    My system, RTX 2070 super OC and I7-9700k on a MSI MPG Z390m GE
    the Reverb G2 works without probs on the small USB c port and DP

Kelju_K and Hazi like this.
  9. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Glad you got it working - enjoy the experience. Like it too so much - no pancake gaming since VR for me: CardboardVR, DK2, PSVR, CV1, Quest, Quest2, HPG2 - to be continued .....

Kelju_K likes this.
  10. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

Here is Reverb G2 performance showcase with 6800XT:

System specs are in the video description.
    Download link for the car setup used in there aswell.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    Andy Bonar likes this.
  11. DJChrizz

DJChrizz Registered

Oh, the 6800 XT seems to be very good ! Your AA is set to 8 ??? OMG !
    With my RTX 2070 super oc I have Steam SS 65% 90fps most time, rFActor 2 settings to high medium and some low.
    I test more but one FPS killer was the Anti Aliasing option of 4 or 2. I reduce the AA to 1 and got a lot more fps here :)

12. Week

Week Registered

Did you try the 60hz mode? I'm quite stuned, because I can play at Imola with sunny preset, 21 IA (GTE), 110% SS in Steam VR and almost everything full in game (Antialiasing 3 and Post process effects low) with a 1080ti + Ryzen 3600. It looks amazing.

13. DJChrizz

DJChrizz Registered

60 Hz fix ? I have to look where I can set this .. max fps and more. Yeah sometimes I have 45 fps when under 90 I think or 90 fps. fix 110 % SS in Steam ??? what ?

14. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

You can set it to 60hz in the WMR headset settings.

Personally, it doesnt work for me, makes me feel ill.
    I much prefer to lock mine at 45 in steam VR settings and you get no bouncing about between 45 and 90, and works really well

15. Week

Week Registered

Is just to get used to it. But yes, it looks strange especially on game menus. 45 fps doesn't work fine for me. It's curious, because when I played with CV1 it didn't bother me.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  16. DJChrizz

DJChrizz Registered

One Problem in VR. You have the Big Cinemastyle rFactor 2 Menu to make your settings and start the Race.
    When you start the race and stand in the pitstop you notice a small black frame with the size of the Menu. How can I remove this frame ?
    I start rFactor 2 in fullscreen, windowed and borderless. Everytime the frame is there.
    I see this frame cause I was testing the beautiful nice drivin Indycar NA from VRC

17. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Use the release candidate - fixed

DJChrizz likes this.
  18. Week

Week Registered

Yes, 110% SS in Steam, and almost everything max, try it.

Those are my settings on Player.json:
    "Graphic Options":{
    "Allow HUD in cockpit":true,
    "Allow Letterboxing":true,
    "Allow Letterboxing#":"whether we allow letterboxing (during replays, for example)",
    "Always Rebuild Collision":false,
    "Always Rebuild Collision#":"Build collision database everytime tracks are loaded (for development purposes)",
    "Any Camera HUD":true,
    "Any Camera HUD#":"whether to show the HUD from any camera (in particular, tracksides)",
    "Auto Detail Framerate":0,
    "Auto Detail Framerate#":"Details and visible vehicles will be automatically reduced (by up to half) if framerate is under this threshold (0 to disable)",
    "Automap":3,
    "Automap#":"0=off 1=race-only 2=non-race-only 3=all sessions",
    "Backfire Anim Speed":30,
    "Box Outline":16711680,
    "Box Outline#":"whether to draw box on ground around pitstall and grid location when necessary; -1=off, 0-16777215=RGB color",
    "Broadcast Overlay":0,
    "Car Vibration Mult1":0,
    "Car Vibration Mult1#":"Primary engine vibration multiplier affects position of cameras attached directly to the car",
    "Car Vibration Mult2":0,
    "Car Vibration Mult2#":"Secondary engine vibration multiplier affects orientation of cameras attached directly to the car",
    "Center Mirror Horiz":-0.042,
    "Center Mirror Horiz#":"use Ctrl+Alt+Seat* controls to save by vehicle",
    "Center Mirror Size":0.993,
    "Center Mirror Vert":0,
    "Cockpit Vibration Freq1":31,
    "Cockpit Vibration Freq1#":"Primary rate of vibration affects eyepoint position (higher framerates allow higher rates)",
    "Cockpit Vibration Freq2":37,
    "Cockpit Vibration Freq2#":"Secondary rate of vibration affects eyepoint orientation",
    "Cockpit Vibration Mult1":1,
    "Cockpit Vibration Mult1#":"Primary aerodynamic vibration multiplier affects eyepoint position (base magnitude is in VEH or cockpit file)",
    "Cockpit Vibration Mult2":0,
    "Cockpit Vibration Mult2#":"Secondary aerodynamic vibration multiplier affects eyepoint orientation (base magnitude is in VEH or cockpit file)",
    "Compressed Textures":1,
    "Delay Video Swap":false,
    "Delay Video Swap#":"Whether to delay video swap if card is busy - this should only be used if framerate clearly improves - otherwise it is only delaying response time",
    "Display Icons":2,
    "Display Icons#":"Icons displayed if HUD is off: 0 = none, 1 = flags only, 2 = all",
    "Display Vehicle Labels":2,
    "Display Vehicle Labels#":"0=never 1=single-player 2=multi-player 3=always",
    "Dynamic Vertex Buffers":true,
    "Dynamic Vertex Buffers#":"Enable \/ Disable use of dynamic vertex buffers",
    "Enable Legacy HDR Profiles":false,
    "Enable Legacy HDR Profiles#":"Whether to enable legacy HDR profiles",
    "Engine Emitter Flow":false,
    "Engine Emitter Flow#":"Whether engine smoke\/flames flow over emitting vehicle",
    "Environment Reflections":2,
    "Environment Reflections#":"Off\/Low\/HIgh = live cubic mapping is used (if track and car are setup properly)",
    "Exaggerate Yaw":0.2,
    "Exaggerate Yaw#":"Visually exaggerates the heading angle of the vehicle by rotating the head (which may improve \"feel\")",
    "Extra Visible Vehicles":105,
    "Extra Visible Vehicles#":"Extra vehicles shown in non-driving situations",
    "Full Tire Shader":true,
    "Full Tire Shader#":"Turn off only if you get wacky wheels (typically on old, unsupported video cards that are not truly compliant)",
    "Gap Check":0,
    "Gap Check#":"Test for verts that are within X meters but not the exact same, reported to trace.txt and visible by pressing Ctrl-H three times (Dev build only; 0.0 to disable)",
    "Garage Detail":0.5,
    "Garage Detail#":"LOD multiplier when vehicle is in garage (0.01-1.00)",
    "Glance Angle":0.75,
    "Glance Angle#":"Angle to look left\/right (yaw) w\/ controller in radians (= degrees \/ 57)",
    "Glance Rate":7,
    "Glance Rate#":"Rate to follow controller for glancing",
    "Groove":1,
    "HUD":4,
    "HUD Component":"s397eHUD",
    "HUD Component Version":"1.0",
    "HUD MFD":2,
    "HUD Race Stats":0,
    "HUD Tachometer":0,
    "HUD file":"D:\\SteamLibrary\\steamapps\\common\\rFactor 2\\Installed\\HUD\\s397eHUD\\1.0\\397EHUD.INI",
    "Head Physics":0,
    "Head Physics#":"Fraction of head physics movement applied to cockpit view (position AND rotation)",
    "Head Rotation":1,
    "Head Rotation#":"Additional head physics multiplier affecting rotation only",
    "Headlights On Cars":true,
    "Headlights On Cars#":"Headlights illuminate other cars.",
    "Heat FX Fade Speed":30,
    "Heat FX Fade Speed#":"Speed at which exhaust heat effects reduce by half (0 to completely disable)",
    "LCD Display Modes":31,
    "LCD Display Modes#":"Add the modes to allow them: 1=status 2=aids 4=engine\/brake temps 8=race info 16=standings",
    "LSI Top":0.15,
    "LSI Top#":"Vertical position of Low Speed Info message box as a fraction of screen height (-1 to disable)",
    "Leanahead Angle":0,
    "Leanahead Angle#":"Angle to lean head (roll) w\/ steering in radians (= degrees \/ 57)",
    "Left Mirror Horiz":0.132,
    "Left Mirror Horiz#":"use Ctrl+Seat* controls to save by vehicle",
    "Left Mirror Size":0.995,
    "Left Mirror Vert":0,
    "Lightning Probability":1,
    "Lightning Probability#":"Probability of seeing lightning (0.0-1.5)",
    "Load Opponent Cockpits":true,
    "Load Opponent Cockpits#":"Whether to load gauges and LCD for opponents, don't turn off if you're planning on hot-swapping vehicles in multiplayer",
    "Logo Seconds":0,
    "Logo Seconds#":"puts up logo at corner of screen for first X seconds of each session",
    "Look Roll Angle":0.75,
    "Look Roll Angle#":"Angle to lean head (roll) w\/ controller in radians (= degrees \/ 57)",
    "Look Up/Down Angle":0.4,
    "Look Up/Down Angle#":"Angle to look up\/down (pitch) w\/ controller in radians (= degrees \/ 57)",
    "Lookahead Angle":0,
    "Lookahead Angle#":"Angle to lookahead (yaw) w\/ steering in radians (= degrees \/ 57)",
    "Low Detail UI":0,
    "MIP Mapping":1,
    "Max Framerate":0,
    "Max Framerate#":"0 to disable (note: positive numbers only, we always use the 'alternate' method now)",
    "Max Headlights":256,
    "Max Headlights#":"Max headlights visible relative to your car.",
    "Max Visible Vehicles":18,
    "Mirror Adjustment Horiz":0.1,
    "Mirror Adjustment Horiz#":"use Shift+Seat* controls to save by vehicle",
    "Mirror Adjustment Vert":0.008,
    "Mirror Physical X":-0.007,
    "Mirror Physical X#":"use Shift+Alt+Seat* controls to save by vehicle",
    "Mirror Physical Y":0,
    "Mirror Physical Y#":"note: these physical mirror position adjustments are for the in-cockpit center mirror only",
    "Mirror Physical Z":0,
    "Moving Rearview":3,
    "Moving Rearview#":"Whether mirrors respond to head movement in cockpit (0=none, 1=position-only, 2=FOV-only, 3=both) - add 4 if you want to IGNORE head-tracking movement",
    "Opponent Detail":3,
    "Opponent Texture Override":-1,
    "Opponent Texture Override#":"For opponents' vehicle textures: -1=use Opponent Detail, 0-3=override value",
    "Overlay Height Offset":0.02,
    "Overlay Height Offset#":"Distance from geometry to help sort drawing skids and grooves",
    "Overlay Z Bias":1,
    "Overlay Z Bias#":"Draw-sorting bias for skids and grooves (0 = none)",
    "Partial Cockpit View":0,
    "Partial Cockpit View#":"0=normal cockpit view, 1=wheels & suspension only, 2=wheels only",
    "Pitcrew Detail Level":1,
    "Pitcrew Detail Level#":"0=Off, 1=Player Only, 2=Everybody",
    "Player Detail":3,
    "Player Detail#":"0=Low 1=Medium 2=High 3=Full",
    "Player Livery":"",
    "Player Livery#":"Overrides default paint job for track",
    "Player Texture Override":-1,
    "Player Texture Override#":"For player's vehicle textures: -1=use Player Detail, 0-3=override value",
    "Rain FX Quality":2,
    "Rain FX Quality#":"If 1, enable rain drops, if >1 enable rain effects from Low to High",
    "Raindrop Flow":0,
    "Raindrop Flow#":"Add to enable: 1=flow over current 2=flow over other vehicles",
    "Rainspray Flow":0,
    "Rainspray Flow#":"Add to enable: 1=flow over current 2=flow over other vehicles",
    "Real Road System":true,
    "Real Road System#":"If true, dynamic road effects are used (can only be turned off in Dev mode)",
    "Rearview Cull":true,
    "Rearview Cull#":"Whether to cull objects in the rearview based on visgroups in the SCN file",
    "Rearview Driving":1,
    "Rearview Driving#":"0=Off, 1=Center+Sides, 2=Center, 3=Sides (virtual mirrors only, in-car mirrors are on\/off), applies to nosecam, cockpit, and TV cockpit",
    "Rearview Height":14,
    "Rearview Independent":false,
    "Rearview Independent#":"Whether width (horizontal FOV) can be controlled independently of height (vertical FOV)",
    "Rearview Onboard":0,
    "Rearview Onboard#":"0=Off, 1=Center+Sides, 2=Center, 3=Sides (virtual mirrors only, in-car mirrors are on\/off), applies to onboard cams",
    "Rearview Particles":true,
    "Rearview Swingman":0,
    "Rearview Swingman#":"0=Off, 1=Center+Sides, 2=Center, 3=Sides (virtual mirrors only, in-car mirrors are on\/off), applies to swingman only",
    "Rearview Width":64,
    "Rearview Width#":"use Shift+Ctrl+Seat* controls to save by vehicle",
    "Rearview_Back_Clip":0,
    "Rearview_Back_Clip#":"Back plane distance for mirror (0.0 = use default for scene)",
    "Rearview_Front_Clip":0.5,
    "Rearview_Front_Clip#":"Front plane distance for mirror (0.0 = use default for scene)",
    "Render Once Per VSync":0,
    "Render Once Per VSync#":"Attempts to render once per vsync; 1 = use timer, no wait; 2 = use vblank, no wait; 3 = use vblank, wait",
    "Right Mirror Horiz":-0.317,
    "Right Mirror Horiz#":"use Alt+Seat* controls to save by vehicle",
    "Right Mirror Size":1,
    "Right Mirror Vert":0,
    "Road Reflections":0,
    "Road Reflections#":"Off\/Low\/High\/Ultra = reflected objects are generated for wet road and heat mirage (Ultra adds reflection blurring)",
    "Screenshot Format":0,
    "Screenshot Format#":"0=default (jpg), 1=bmp, 2=jpg, 3=png, 4=dds, 5=clipboard",
    "Seat Adjustment Aft":-0.022,
    "Seat Adjustment Aft#":"use Seat* controls to save by vehicle",
    "Seat Adjustment Up":-0.003,
    "Seat Pitch":0,
    "Seat Pitch#":"Cockpit camera pitch orientation (degrees)",
    "Seat Roll":0,
    "Seat Roll#":"Cockpit camera roll orientation (degrees)",
    "Seat Yaw":0,
    "Seat Yaw#":"Cockpit camera yaw orientation (degrees)",
    "Self In Rearview":"",
    "Self In Rearview#":"Empty for nothing, * for everything, otherwise list comma-delimited instances you want _removed_",
    "Shadow Blur":3,
    "Shadow Blur#":"0=Off, 1=Fast, 2=Optimal, 3=Quality",
    "Shadows":4,
    "Shadows#":"Shadow detail: 0=Off 1=Low 2=Medium 3=High 4=Ultra",
    "Smoke Flow":false,
    "Smoke Flow#":"Whether all smoke\/flames\/dust flow over non-emitting vehicles",
    "Soft Particles":2,
    "Soft Particles#":"0=Off, 1=Cheap soft edges, 2=Depth buffered soft edges",
    "Spark Flow":0,
    "Spark Flow#":"Add to enable: 1=flow over current 2=flow over other vehicles",
    "Special FX":3,
    "Special FX#":"Special effects: 0=Off 1=Low 2=Medium 3=High 4=Ultra",
    "Stabilize Horizon":1,
    "Stabilize Horizon#":"0=off, 1=low, 2=medium, 3=high",
    "Starting View":1,
    "Starting View#":"0=tvcockpit, 1=cockpit, 2=nosecam, 3=swingman, 4=trackside, 5=onboard000 ... 1004=onboard999",
    "Steady Framerate Thresh":0.001,
    "Steady Framerate Thresh#":"Allowed threshold in seconds to try to 'catch up' when falling behind using Max Framerate (use 0 for original behavior). This helps steady the framerate but may introduce more latency.",
    "Steering Wheel":0,
    "Steering Wheel#":"0=moving steering wheel, 1=non-moving steering wheel, 2=no steering wheel or arms (in cockpit only while player-controlled), 3=moving steering wheel but no arms",
    "Sun Occlusion":false,
    "Sun Occlusion#":"If true, sunlight is affected by cloud cover",
    "Synchronize Frame":1,
    "Synchronize Frame#":"Extrapolate graphics using estimated render time in attempt to more accurately synchronize physics with graphics, 0.0 (off) - 1.0 (full)",
    "Texture Detail":3,
    "Texture Detail#":"0=Low 1=Medium 2=High 3=Full",
    "Texture Filter":5,
    "Texture Filter#":"Texture Filtering level: 0 = bilinear, 1 = trilinear, 2 = X2 AF, 3 = X4 AF, 4 = X8 AF, 5 = X16 AF",
    "Texture Sharpening":5,
    "Texture Sharpening#":"Sharpen textures using MIP LOD bias - 0=Off, 1=+2.0(very blurry), 2=+1.0(blurry), 3=-1.0(sharp), 4=-2.0(very sharp), 5=0.0(auto)",
    "Thunder Probability":1.5,
    "Thunder Probability#":"Probability of hearing thunder (0.0-1.5)",
    "Tire Emitter Flow":false,
    "Tire Emitter Flow#":"Whether tire smoke\/dust flow over emitting vehicle",
    "Tire Ground Offset":0,
    "Tire Ground Offset#":"Offset so tire shadows work properly on ground",
    "Track Detail":0,
    "Transparency AA":true,
    "Transparency AA#":"Soften edges around alpha test objects",
    "UI Background Animation":1,
    "UI autonomous render thread":true,
    "UI autonomous render thread#":"UI has its own render thread",
    "VR Enable Hidden Area Mask":true,
    "VR Enable Hidden Area Mask#":"Enable VR hidden area mask, may improve VR performance.",
    "VR IPD Scale":1,
    "VR IPD Scale#":"VR IPD Scale: Adjusts IPD distance between eyes. 1.0 = default IPD distance, as reported by the HMD, below 1.0 = reduce, above 1.0 = increase",
    "VR Projection Mode":0,
    "VR Projection Mode#":"VR Projection Mode: 0 = default, 1 = not in-plane displays HMDs",
    "Vehicle Flow Offset":3.1,
    "Vehicle Flow Offset#":"Offset below vehicle where sphere center is located",
    "Vehicle Flow Radius":4,
    "Vehicle Flow Radius#":"Vehicle sphere radius for smoke\/flames\/dust\/spray",
    "Verify Refs":false,
    "Verify Refs#":"Non-retail builds only: Verify HDV and GEN references in VEH file and log problems",
    "Vertical FOV Degrees":9,
    "Vertical FOV Degrees#":"9=use default, otherwise is the FOV for attached cameras (horiz is calculated based on aspect ratio)",
    "Virtual Rearview In Cockpit":false,
    "Virtual Rearview In Cockpit#":"applies to cockpit or TV cockpit",
    "Warning Light Anim Speed":4,
    "Warning Light Anim Speed#":"Safety car light animation",
    "Widescreen Overlays":true,
    "Wind and Crowd Motion":false,
    "Wind and Crowd Motion#":"If true, trees respond to ambient wind, crowds have some random motion"

Just copy it on your player.json and try. 60hz mode and ASW turned off in steam WMR settings. It runs well in sunny conditions. I've tested it in Sebring, Imola, Nurburgring, Road America, Mid-Ohio... 21 GTE IA, central hours, no clouds, no rain, and it's amazing. If you don't know how to turn off reproyection mode in steam WMR settings, look at this guide: https://docs.microsoft.com/es-es/wi...uide/using-steamvr-with-windows-mixed-reality

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  19. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I use a quest 2 it’s fab

I do have to plug in separate headphones due to my motion system , you’ll have to do the same

20. DJChrizz

DJChrizz Registered