Fanatec DD1 not recognised

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Exsing, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Exsing

Exsing Registered

Hi all,

I haven't played R Factor 2 in a while and recently came back to it. I have found the sim does not recognise my Fanatec DD1 (using the Porsche GT3 rim and the Formula V2 rim).

My wheel works flawlessly in all other sims (e.g. iRacing, AMS 2, ACC, AC, F1 2020 etc). It is only R Factor 2 that isn't recognising my wheel.

When I press detect, it says no matching wheels found. When I select Fanatec DD1 in the preset it doesn't work either.

Is there something I'm missing? Would someone be able to help me out with this issue?

Thanks heaps!

Regards,

Exsing

2. John Stetson

John Stetson Registered

I'm having similar issues with my Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS wheel. It worked a few years back in Rfactor 2 and it works in all my other sims. What worked for me to get the game to recognize it, was exiting out of the game and opening the Fanatec software and moving the wheel and pedals. Then when I went back into Rfactor 2 it allowed me to assign all inputs, but when I drive I have no force feedback. I just emailed support about this. Also, I've read that if you don't turn the wheel all the way to the stop when assigning an input it may not recognize it. Mine wasn't recognized even though I turned it all the way. Not sure if this will be any help but I thought I'd share my experience.

3. Exsing

Exsing Registered

Hey John,

Thanks for replying! :)

Yeah, I've tried the suggestions you offered but didn't fix it. Oh well... I'm sure it'll work eventually. But thanks heaps for trying to help!

Jason

4. Kim Jakobsen

Kim Jakobsen Registered

so,the way i got my t300 to get going in the game was to open steam controller settings in big picture mode and then just exit.load the game and a track.when in pit unplug your wheel and plug it in again,and the it worked.

5. Exsing

Exsing Registered

Thanks Kim, I'll give that a go. :)

UPDATE: It didn't work for me but thanks for the tip anyway! :)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2021