Game crashes

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Paul August Laane, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Paul August Laane

Paul August Laane Registered

upload_2021-3-21_21-24-53.png

This has happened multiple times now, after new UI i had it 4 times now. Old UI i had 0 problems with. Screen just went stuck in that exact moment.

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

going to need more info if you want help. Screenshot tells us what?

3. Paul August Laane

Screenshot was after the crash, games picture freezed at that moment put game itself were still going. Wheel and every button worked, keyboard inputs didnt.

4. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

so like, the game is still running, sounds and wheel, but the car isnĀ“t moving?
    if so, it sounds like a cpu overload; you might want to run with less ai or turn down the number of visible cars.

(...yeah a still picture is no the best way to illustrate a frozen game :D)

5. boxer

boxer Registered

Are you running mods or stock content? Which version for rf2, release candidate or standard version?

6. Paul August Laane

Cpu isnt overloading, i use offical rf2 content and it was league race, visible cars is 10 for me

7. Woodee

Woodee Registered

That's a third party track.... don't make us all be sherlock holmes trying to work out what you are running at the time of crash.

8. boxer

boxer Registered

I would do a few things
    1. Steam file integrity check
    2. if it's a newly installed mod I would uninstall, unsubscribe from it and re-install it.
    3. Revert back to a different version or rF2 temporally, and then switch back to the latest version.

9. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

I've had the same issue a couple of times where everything has frozen and the only way I get control back is to 'crash' my computer. No inputs [wheel, keyboard etc] work. At the time of the freeze, there is no overload on my CPU [I use fpsVR to monitor my CPU and GPU] and has happened on official content.

10. Krevett62

Krevett62 Registered

I had the same lock-up yesterday with official content. Suddenly lost ffb on my fanatec but commands were still responsive (direction/pedals) and as soon as I pressed escape to go back to pits (was in training session) the screen was frozen and I had to ctrl+alt+suppr to exit the game.

11. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

well if nothing else this would be a good moment to share some trace files

12. Paul August Laane

Will do later tonight and add trace files aswell

13. Cox

Cox Registered

Hi, very similar problem here. I have a lot of crashes (graphics and sound crash permanently) just with official content. I run with VR and have been experiencing this problem since December. From the task manager you can see that one of the threads is stopped:
    upload_2021-6-6_19-20-52.png
    the message says: "one or more threads of Rfactor2 is waiting to complete network I/O operations"
    Here also a tracelog

Attached Files:

14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

FYI, there is no official Acura Dpi. That is a modded 3rd party vehicle, I have used those vehicles offline, but not when attempting to join the Comp System. Next, the comp system or a mod is looking for older versions of Sebring and Silverstone. You have a mod which at some point was designed to work with previous versions of those tracks which have been updated and the older versions possibly deleted. I don't know if those are the items that have caused your problem , but should be looked at.

15. Cox

Cox Registered

Hi davehenrie, thank you. Yes, I know that Acura DPI is not official. I was not clear enough in the previous message. I meant that the game crashes when I am driving an official car.