Released Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (2018) is now available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

If you don't know that slower drivers slide because they don't know what they are doing and they won't get away with it (even faster thermal deg anyone?) then this will turn into those physics threads being discussed by people that understands nothing about it just making it run forever :D so nvm

McFlex likes this.
  2. Alexandre Martini

Alexandre Martini Registered

You should not use this as an argument when you talk about how unrealistic a simulator is.

It does not matter who will use a simulator. If it is unrealistic, it will be unrealistic for everyone.

3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I never said it isn't unrealistic ;) I was just replying to the guy using this as an excuse to avoid online racing, proving that he was just att whoring.
    Also the main issue of these tires happen even while you drive in a straight line so if this is a game stoping problem for you either unninstal rF2 altogether or stick to mods

Alexandre Martini likes this.
  4. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

This car has always been hard too drive for vast majority of people with initial setup. Changing setup makes it much easier to push for everyone not only aliens.

5. Alexandre Martini

Alexandre Martini Registered

that's because it allows you to go a lot faster, as you slide more and don't get punished.

there's not a single onboard video on youtube of a cup car sliding unless it's a big driver mistake.

all qualifying laps you see are really clear... race pace is even more tight.

here, the way to go fast is to wagger your tail around at entry, mid and exit of pretty much every corner.

6. TJones

TJones Registered

I would say "worn out" means that thsoe 70Nm match the locking torque of a worn out clutch pack at the real car. As you can imagine those clutch plates just worn out over time, like the clutch between engine and gearbox. rF2 doesnt simulate clutch wear in general, I think LFS did.
    I dont know if you're able to adjust preload at the real car from outside, so without dismantling the diff. But for sure you have to, for replacing clutch pack or changing ramp angle (not sure if allowed by rgulations) for example.

Quick google seach gave me this (bit old) Article about LSD's on Porsche Cup (and Street) cars mainly 997: https://rennlist.com/forums/996-gt2-gt3-forum/494757-faq-limited-slip-differential-lsd.html

Sim_Player and mesfigas like this.
  7. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

LFS simulated overheating the clutch, not wear

TJones likes this.
  8. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

people who own the new 992 pcup dont forget the old one
    its still super good to drive

Bernat likes this.
  9. Sanio Alfa

Sanio Alfa Registered