Competition System Blog | Week 11

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Hello sim racers!

After a short break, the Competition System blog returns for week 11!

Catch up on all the latest answers to your most asked questions on the link below:

https://www.studio-397.com/2021/03/competition-system-blog-week-11/

As always, please use the comments section to discuss this blog, and of course to submit your questions for answering next week!

Enjoy :)

Header-1-1-1024x585.jpg

2. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Just because I like interesting facts, I thought I read that more recourses were being put on the UI development itself again (correct me if I am wrong). How much % of all work currently is bound to the competition system, compared to the rest of the sim?

Probably a hard to answer question, so would totally get if it wasn't answered :D

Binny likes this.
  3. Alpha User

Alpha User Registered

Firstly, hello

I have a question more on the "developer" side. Are there any plans to include developers in the community to help with some of the devs you may not have the capacity to do? For example, for the web, etc.... Even though this is a free service.

Also,Is there a system that applies the real weather in the game and/or on the CS? With the air and track temperature changing according to the real conditions, etc.... Because this is one of the shortcomings of the weather plugin, that the temperature of the track does not change

Finally, as an idea, what could be great is a pop up that appears if you are in solo practice to say that the CS you are registered start in 5 minutes.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  4. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

F1 is expensive, also not really to do with the comp system :p

5. Julien Lemoine

Julien Lemoine Member

Little joke with some of the Discord members : When will a new message from Marcel pop? :D More seriously, Could the CS be a place to test different components whether it is a vehicle, etc.? (Full-scale beta tests)

6. bander

bander Registered

free content too or this will bleed out

7. bander

bander Registered

Saltar usf2000 etc... Malasia etc...

8. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

They have free content series every 'season'

9. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

Formula E competition - Is it worth the wait? If so, when?

10. Fabian Balle

Fabian Balle Registered

Some content that we saw on the CS already is quite "outdated". Is there a possibility that this stuff gets updated one day? Cars like the Skip Barber or tracks like Malaysia would be great for for short races where you can just jump into the car and have some fun.
    You guys have updated some of the tracks to PBR already and I would really like to know if you continue this work to bring us even more beautiful looking content.

11. Luis Pereira

Luis Pereira Registered

Is there a possibility that in the new UI you can separate the original content of the game and the MOD's? Because as I have downloaded many MOD´s, I don’t know what was original with Rfactor 2 and what’s not!

Could you in the future add competitive servers like Raceroom did? I thought it was a cool idea and it has attracted a lot of people to run every day in the simulator.

12. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Thanks for your questions so far folks - many of them have been added to the list for the blog tomorrow, however can I please remind you to keep the questions specific to the Competition System itself, rather than the broader topic of rF2 and content etc?

Many thanks - keep 'em coming :D

13. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

Is it intended that the number of participants in the split will also influence the points? If the split has only 3 participants, I will be the last to finish third and receive many points. In a split with 20 participants, third place is logically worth more, but I currently receive the same number of points.

14. I_Bellett

I_Bellett Registered

1)
    Do you have a plan for a big series (or collaboration) of 3 to 6 months like VEC (Virtual Endurance Championship) or GTR24h?
    If it is realized, please consider the time difference with Asia / Oceania. I think the number of entries from those region will increase.

2)
    Do you have any plans to create a page that visualizes race results and rating fluctuations?

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That's not how it works. All players who participate in an event (multiple races at the same track) are ranked based on their results, who they raced against (, ...) and then have points awarded based on that ranking.

You don't receive points from each race.

Christian Wolter likes this.
  16. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

I know I don't get more points by running more races, but here's the thing:

You race in a race with only three participants and finish last, then you get the full number of points as third.

If someone takes part in a race within the same competition on the same track where there are 20 participants, he receives the same number of points as third, which is unfair in a direct comparison.

17. Jesus Garay R

Jesus Garay R Registered

Something is not working correctly, in the last races only between three and four pilots participate, if there is not a minimum number of pilots, for example 10, it becomes increasingly boring and people stop participating. It started with a lot of strength and motivation but now it is getting worse. What do you think about this and what solutions do you propose in the competition system so that the motivation is more numerous? ...

18. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I’m not sure what this ?

is it a range of different series that have a set batch of suitable tracks ? Each keeping sane car similar to iracing

EG server selection. :

f1 style server
    Formula e server
    Historic 66 f3’s server

& so on ?

also when people leave the server does their best time stay up on the list or still vanish

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
  19. I_Bellett

I_Bellett Registered

The current penalty system imposes a penalty after three line cut warnings, and subsequent line cuts will be penalized immediately rather than a warning. Do you have plans for a mechanism is introduced to reset the count at the same time as the digestion of the penalty?

20. bander

bander Registered

It cannot be that the competition has a fixed Ferrari setup. To top the Rooms, a very bad car. and rfactor 2 don't have your Ferrari there with how good it will be.

Velázquez un the Game .